Chapter Two

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: If there is any reaction, both are transformed." — C.G. Jung

I gazed down into Jessica's eyes, admiring the languid look in them, our bodies sweaty from our most recent activities. I reached over and released the latch on the cuff of her left wrist and then the right, guiding her arms back gently to rest on her stomach for they had surely gotten a bit stiff from being in the restraints. I leaned down, brush a lock of her soft golden hair back behind her ear, and kissed her gently on the forehead as I sat up to get the cloth on the stand next to the bed to clean myself up.

"Nate?" he heard her inquiring voice as she propped herself up on her elbows and bringing her knees up slightly, making the task of unhooking her ankles from the spreader bar a little easier. "I have something I want to talk about." She said in a soft voice.

The releasing of her hands was the signal that the scene had ended, and aftercare had begun. I permitted open talk as it enhanced our relationship of Dominant to submissive, I even encouraged it, but tonight her voice held a tone I had never heard before, was it hesitance? I hadn't thought I had done anything that would warrant a hesitant conversation.

"Yes Jessica." I spoke with my customary air of assurance, "what does my lover wish to discuss?"

Her gaze shifted down to the bed as she took in a slow breath to respond.

"Look me in the eye if you wish to speak openly" I barked out the order.

Instantly her eyes locked on mine, a reflex from the nearly 3 years we had spent together in our dynamic relationship.

"Apologies My Master." Came her reflexive redress. She assumed the honor position of folding her legs under her, so her feet touched her bum, hands resting lightly on her knees, back and head upright but relaxed. She waited patiently for my reply. I could either punish her for her slip up or dismiss the incident, I decided on the latter as she seemed earnestly needing to speak to me about something important.

"Apology accepted lover, now, once again, what did you wish to discuss?" I said with authority but softened my tone to show her I was being understanding.

"Graduation is next month, and I have been offered a job in Austin." She hesitated and I could tell she was desperately wanting to break eye contact again, she blinked rapidly before continuing. "I wanted to discuss the termination of our arrangement." The last of her words came out in a rush and a pink flush creeped up her neck, mixing with the warm tones of her tanned skin.

"I see" I started, "I wondered if this was going to come up soon. I am not surprised, so you can relax dear one. However, I think this is too heavy of a conversation during aftercare. Go and shower, dress comfortably, and I will do the same. Since this will be your conversation to lead, how about you choose our dinner for the night, I will order out. It should arrive shortly after we get cleaned up."

I did not use terms of endearment on a regular basis, if at all, with a submissive under my care. I always felt like my actions should convey the endearment, not mere words. The look of relaxed joy that spread over her face confirmed to me that the use of a pet name was well received, and she was now certain that I was not upset or disappointed in her.

"Could we have pizza?" she squeaked excitedly. I rarely allowed such frivolous, calorie filled food, but I relented as I wanted this to be a long and open conversation. I had been waiting on her to bring the matter up for quite some time, and I had a few thoughts on the subject myself.

I smiled at her, "what toppings would you like?"

"Pepperoni, extra cheese and green peppers!" she answered readily, scrambling off the bed. I admired in delight the little sparkle that flashed from between her sun-kissed cheeks, the jeweled plug catching the light as she wriggled down from the high bed, the one we used only for play time. She would be allowed to remove it once she got into the shower, wash it, and return it to its proper place in the jewelry stand we had modified one weekend to work for our purposes. She always obeyed willingly and completely; she was an excellent submissive.