Chapter 12: Nate

Nate's POV: 

Waking up was always the agonising part of my day, especially on Mondays. I opened my heavy eyelids with great difficult, to feel the surge of ecstasy that I woke up successfully, but to my misfortune, they ended up closing again, I realised that I obviously wasn't ready for this dandy day. 

"Please Lord, why do I have to go through this?" I groaned out, burying my face further into my pillow. My brain was working on making up fantasies of how great it would be if I slept in today, but then this minuscule wise part of my brain says "remember, You don't want to end up working in McDonald's." "Shut up, brain!" I growl out in frustration, because if you didn't know fighting an internal battle especially early in the morning is a life wrecking decision. 

I was startled by a knock on my bed room door, "Mr. Erickson, is everything alright in here?" It was Wilson, my butler. 

"Yes, Wilson everything is fantastic." I say, false cheerfulness in my voice. 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Erickson but your mother told me to inform you that you are to attend school today. The school board informed her that you have been skipping classes a lot lately." 

I let out a huge sigh, while sitting up to rest my back against the head board. "Okay, Wilson. I'm up, tell mommy that her delinquent son is going to attend school." I said, heavy sarcasm lacing my voice. 

I could hear Wilson sighing from the other side of the door, "Okay, Mr. Erickson." 

I throw the covers off my body and start getting ready for the day. After I am completely ready I throw my book bag on my shoulder and march out of the room, straight to my land of happiness, the kitchen. Hoping that a specific someone who has the ability to turn my mood completely sour in a second is not there, yes, you guessed that right, daddy dearest. 

Upon entering the kitchen, my nostrils were invaded by the delicious smell of pancakes, bacon and eggs. My mouth seemed to water. "God, Gabriel I don't know what I would have done without your food." I said, plopping down on one of the stools. Gabriel chuckles, "Nate, you don't know how much of an ego booster that was." 

Gabriel is our private chef, he has been working here for about 5 years so far, he's not that old, only in his early thirties so I like maintaining a casual friendship with him. 

I heard the clicking of heels and knew straight away that it was mom. She appeared in the kitchen doorway, dressed in an Armani grey skirt suit, with her hair professionally made into an elegant bun, and a pair of black Guess heels and a matching black Guess bag. Great, she's flaunting our wealth to the public. 

Mom gracefully sauntered to one of the kitchen seats and sat down folding her legs. "Good morning, Nate, Gabriel." She said. 

"Good morning, Mrs. Erickson, did you sleep well?" Gabriel asked, cheerily. 

Mom gave him a curt nod. "Yes I did, thank you for asking Gabriel." 

"Nate?" She looked at me questioningly. 

"Oh, yeah. Morning." I mumbled, not really in the mood of talking to mom. 

"You better learn that mumbling is a disrespectful and inappropriate way of speaking to people, especially your mother." She said, her voice clipped. 

"Uh, huh. I'm sorry. Mother. Good Morning, How are you feeling this fine morning?" I said, sarcastically. I saw her frown. "Good enough?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow. She just shock her head in disappointment. 

That's when it hit me, I haven't seen my father since my arrival at home yesterday. "Where's dad?" I asked, confusion obvious in my voice. Gabriel placed a plate full of food in front of me with a set of cutlery for me to use.