Chapter 24: Nate

Nate's POV: 

"Absolutely not! Nathaniel! NO." Lilly fumed, livid. 

I let out a groan in distress. "But Lils, you can't just let me go all alone." 

"No, Nate, I have endured one God forsaken dinner with your parents and I was so close to spooning my eyes out with the god damn soup spoon!" Lilly paced the room, muttering curse words from her never ending list. It was quite amusing, seeing her all worked up because I asked her to accompany me to one of my parent's closest business partner's party that I was forced to attend without choice, I knew that I could of fought my parents on this, but I was in no mood for that, I was still mentally exhausted from the fight I had with Lilly two weeks ago, so I just succumb to their request. 

"This is different, you won't be their main focus, we both knew that this horrid dinner was only to grill you, no wait - you'll be the least of their worries, they'll be looking forward to scoring some new business deal." I reasoned out, getting up behind her only to wrap my arms around her waist and press my face into her neck. 

I softly pecked her neck, "Please." I murmured. 

She let out a breathy sigh, "Are you trying to seduce me, Erickson?" She mumbled. 

I chuckled, "Is it working?" 

I was taken by surprise by Lilly's response, she quickly turned in my arms and pressed her lips to mine in such fervour, I responded as fast as humanly possible. We slowly pulled away to catch our breath. "Yes, it was working." Lilly purred shocking me even more, considering that I was never used to Lilly being this seductive, and quite frankly, I was enjoying it so damn much. 

Just as I was about to lean in for another kiss, a knock on the door interrupted me. 

"Mr. Erickson,  your mother was wondering if you're attending tonight's party." I heard a sultry voice ask from the other side of the door. 

Lilly pulled away from me, and plopped down on my bed fisting her hands tightly, and her face looked murderous. 

"Yes, inform her that I'll be attending with my girlfriend." I replied. 

"Alright, sir." I heard the clicking of her heels sound into the distance.

I awkwardly cleared my throat as I looked at Lilly with a tight smile. 

"I'll murder all of those maids one day, and I'll feel so much pleasure while slicing each of their throats open after torturing them in all the inhumane ways possible." She growled, her eyes looked glazed over as if she was imagining each and every thing in her gory thoughts. 

I gulped loudly, "you know, Lilly they're not that bad." 

"Nathaniel." She glowered, and I took this as my cue to shut up, so that I don't anger the tiger. 

Lilly got up, and slung her bag on her shoulder, "I have to get going if I have to attend this marvellous party full of rich stuck up snobs." She spoke with pure heavy sarcasm lacing her words.

"Good luck, lils." I said with mock salute as I threw myself backwards on the bed staring at the ceiling, until I heard the click of the door being shut indicating Lilly leaving. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I peeled off my sweat soaked clothes, a result of my vigorous exercise. Lilly left a bit before noon, and I had nothing to do so I decided to catch up on my exercise routine. 

After taking a steamy shower, I started getting ready for tonight's party. I chose a black slim-fitting Prada tuxedo. 

After I was ready to go, I opened my drawer to pull the velvet box that has been resting there for this perfect moment. I snatched my phone and car keys ready to leave in my new baby, Amanda. My BMW i8.