Chapter 28: Nate

Nate's POV: 

Disoriented and Groggy. 

That's how I felt when I woke up, only to be blinded by bright white florescent lights, and rushing doctors and nurses. 

I was confused, my brain driven into haywire, trying to put my finger around why I'm here, being poked and prodded by doctors and having questions fired my way.   

"Mr. Erickson do you remember what happened before you slipped into your coma?" A doctor asked, coma? 

My brain strained to remember the last events I could remember. Then it hit me like a fire truck. The fight, the drinking, searching for peace. 

Crap

"Yes, I remember." I rasped, my throat dry, begging me for some water, which a nurse was kind enough to hand me, which I galloped. 

"That's good, there was a risk of amnesia or memory loss, but you made a remarkable recovery, your vitals seem in perfect health which is good considering the alcohol consumed, however, you'll have to be attending therapy for your drinking problem." 

I stared at the doctor as if he was plain stupid, which he was. "I'm not attending anything." I growled out, I knew that my drinking was an addiction it was no longer a habit, but I wasn't in need for therapy, I could handle myself. 

"Mr. Erickson, this is a crucial thing, you can not go on this way, this time it was a coma, god knows what could happen next, you should get some help." The more that doctor spoke them more I wanted to plummet his face. 

"I think this is my decision to make and I said no, I don't think you'll force me to attend, because as far as I know I'm Nate Erickson, you can't force me." 

Lilly would surely tell you that you're arrogant right now if she was here.

I clenched my fist tightly at the thought of her, a part of me was ready to pull her into my arms and pepper her with kisses, but my other side was hostile, it despised her for what she lead me to even though I did everything in my will to prove myself loyal. 

The doctor cleared his throat, "I will leave you to rest." He muttered, clearly embarrassed then rushed out along with the whole team of nurses. 

I rested my head backwards on the pillow, squeezing my eyes shut, when the thought of Lilly and where she might me wandered into my brain. 

Speak of the devil and he shall appear

The hospital room door was flung open for me to see Lilly and Xavier standing there. 

Xavier ran over to me, hugging me tightly, "God dammit man! I was so worried about you!" Xavier growled, but even though his eyes were coated with a sheer of tears which he quickly blinked away. 

I knew that Xavier would always have my back, I wrapped my weak arms around him, "I'm sorry I freaked you out, Xav." 

"Hell yes you did! But all's good now, I'm glad you're awake."

"Enough, we're turning into girls now." I said, playfully nudging him, causing him to laugh. 

My eyes fell upon Lilly who stood by the door way looking at the floor, her hair casting a curtain around her face blocking her from my view, even though I wanted to be hostile towards her I was still craving seeing her beautiful face, to touch her soft skin. 

"Get out, Lilly." I spat out, feeling a sting in my chest for how cruelly I was treating her. 

"N-Nate, p-please." She whimpered, the sound of her so broken was tempting me to drop my whole act and pull her into my arms.