Chapter 27: Lilly

"Didn't you hear me clearly the first time? I. SAID. LEAVE." I boomed in my brother's face, throwing the nearest vase of flowers his way; I could feel the heat creeping up my neck but it wasn't from embarrassment or because I was nervous. I was enraged by the fact that he was here and that the vase didn't hit him.

Ashton's presence seemed to make me hate him even more now you may think "wow, you're such a horrible sister. How could you hate your own brother?" To which I will say "You judgemental pieces of shit, you have no right to judge me like that. You have no right to do that!" 

Ashton just packed up and left right after dad's funeral. He didn't say goodbye; he was that much of a coward anyway. His college was right outside the border of this crappy town and yet he never visited on any occasion or holiday. Even when I pleaded for him to come back over the phone he would come up with a lame excuse, shove it in my face and hang up the phone. I have every right to be angry, I have every right to hate him and not want to see him now. 

"Lilly, please just hear me out. I never meant to hurt you!" Ashton pleaded as he neared my bed and tried to caress my face but I quickly pushed hid hand away, "Don't you dare touch me! Do you have any idea what I've been through all because of you?"

 "I'm sorry Lilly. I really wish I could take it back, all that I've done to you. Maybe you wouldn't be here now!" Ashton said desperately as he took the seat next to me, the same one Xavier sat in. 

Xavier, that asshole was the one who brought him here. I Shifted my gaze from Ashton to the door to find Xavier smiling crookedly at me. 

"You asshole! You brought him here! Why did you do this Xavier?" I demanded, ready to throw another vase. 

"It's okay Lilly, We'll talk about that later. I think you and your brother have a lot of catching up to do!" Xavier said grief lacing his words. Well, that's weird. 

As the door clicked shut, I could hear Ashton's anticipating breath and then he asked me the one question which made me break down to tears.

"What happened Lilly? What happened to you when I wasn't there?" Ashton whispered caressing my still bruised cheek and wiping away the single tear that fled my eye.

"Everything Ash. I tried to do as much as I can but I'm not strong enough. I was just a little girl who lost her dad Ash." I was full on sobbing, I felt relieved, like my soul weighed nothing; I was finally telling my brother everything that I bottled up. 

"I wasn't ready to lose my brother and mother too but I did and I had to take care of myself Ash." I started sobbing harder remembering  the times when I first started fighting and I couldn't even sleep from the bruises I carried. 

"What's wrong with mom? You told me she cleaned herself up?" Ashton's voice turned harder as he came closer and held my hands. 

"I lied. I couldn't tell you the truth. I didn't know what to do?" I stared at him, gauging his reaction to the hard truth. 

"God dammit Lilly!" He mumbled as he rose from the chair and hugged me, pulling me into his warm chest. As much as I might have hated Ashton, I missed him. I missed my brother.

I started sobbing into his chest and clenched it with my fists not wanting to leave him. "Please Ash, don't leave again. Please." I cried harder.

"It's okay princess," Ash cooed into my hair rubbing circles into my back to calm me down, "I'm not going anywhere. I promise." 

Ashton was always the calmer and more collected one while I was the irrational one. Eve when we were younger, I would throw tantrums and start breaking my toys and Ashton always managed to calm me down to get me back. He kept me grounded. I guess as we grew older. my anger issues just got worse, judging by my career choice. While Aston still was the calmest person I ever came across. I would try to push his buttons, do all the stuff that annoyed him yet he smiled at me all the time. He had this cool aura around him.