Chapter 9: Nate

Nate's POV: 

Sweat was dripping from my forehead, my head was pounding by the headache forming due to my excruciating exercise, my knuckles were busted and dripping blood, but I couldn't care less. Punching the bag in front of me was another way of dealing with my anger and frustration, It felt great, like absolute bliss to take your anger out on something. I kept beating the punching bag until I felt numb, my hands lost the feel in them. I tried willing myself to stop but as much as I tried I couldn't, it was like a rush of all the things that happened to me in the past two weeks came rushing by acting as fuel that didn't fail to keep me going, starting from the gathering my parents had, the fight with dad, my encounter with Lilly, this girl is something. I try to stop thinking of her but it seems like she just pops up in my mind at all times, and that served my curiosity to why she seems special. What was about her that I didn't seem to find in other girls, I am obviously attracted to her, but I will never accept this attraction as anything other than a physical one. 

I didn't realise that someone was frantically calling my name trying to capture my attention. I stopped punching the bag to look at whoever was calling me, I found Sam, a guy who also comes to the gym here. I wouldn't call us the best of friends but an acquaintance. "Your hand is bleeding severely, you need to stop." Sam said. I looked down at my hand to realise that what he said was true, the cuts that I saw but didn't give them a care were now more busted and I needed a gauze to wrap them up with.

 "Oh, thanks Sam." I said, giving him a head nod. "Its okay, is there some kind of problem?" he asked, curiosity lacing his every word. I couldn't blame him for his curiosity but it was one thing that annoyed me a lot, I hate people trying to poke their nose in my business, "Everything is fine." I snapped, my voice keeping no room for argument. Sam noticed that straight away and raised his hand in a surrendering manner. "Okay, okay I didn't mean to impose. Just get your hand checked." He said, and with that he disappeared to do god knows what.

I took his advice and went to the bathroom where a medical emergency kit was placed. I turned on the water faucet and put my hand under the cold running water. It stung, a lot but I held my ground and didn't pull my hand away. I watched the clear water turning a rosy colour as my blood mixed with it. After all the blood was washed away I took some tissue papers and dried my hand off, then pulled an ointment and spread it over my cuts and wrapped my hands up stiffly in the gauze. I exited the bathroom and went to the locker rooms in the second floor of the gym. Opening my locker, I pulled out a change of clothes that included a pair of clean sweats and a navy blue t-shirt. I entered one of the showers in there and took a hot shower to remove the sweat from my body and ease my tense muscles. 

After getting dressed and ready to go I realised how overwhelmed with fatigue I was. I wasn't in a state to drive all the way back to the cottage, which was a two hours drive. I decided to go grab something to eat as a way of regaining my energy. I got into my car and played some music in the background, Imagine Dragons to be exact. Their songs were catchy and not like all the pop shit which is overrated nowadays. I was humming along to Demons when I pulled into the parking lot of a mac Donald's. Rich or not, McDonald's was something no one can miss. I ordered a Big mac with a maximum up-size and started munching on my food when my phone binged indicating a text message. It was a text from a girl in my school asking if I wanted to hang out. I seriously didn't know who the girl was and how on earth she got my number, in all honesty I did need a release but when I want to I would do it with someone who I choose and wont cling to me like there is no tomorrow and potentially plans our wedding in their head. Total creepers and that girl was obviously one. 

When I finished eating I took off to Xavier's place, also known as my second home. I pulled up in front of the mansion and got out of my car, greeting the door man along the way. I knocked on the door for it to be opened by Richard, Xavier's butler.