Chapter 14: Nate

Nate's POV: 

 I hadn't seen Lilly for the rest of the school week. Word has it that she got suspended after the whole fiasco with Nicole and she completely disappeared, like she literally vanished off the surface of earth, Xavier and I tried calling her a couple of times but it was useless, she never replied, and her phone went straight to voicemail after the second day of trying. To say that I was worried sick is an understatement. I couldn't get the chocolatey eye beauty out of my head, and how she looked so vulnerable when Nicole mentioned her brother, I haven't been on good terms with Lilly except for well literally 10 minutes until she disappeared, as much as it was hard for me to admit at first but Lilly does somehow manage to make me happier, even when she opens her smart mouth and starts sassing me. 

Nicole tried talking to me a couple of times over the last couple of days, but I wasn't having it, she was a bitch, especially after what she said to Lilly. Who the hell does she even think she is to decide on my behalf that I would leave Lilly and our newly blossoming friendship in a snap of a finger. I couldn't deny it, Lilly was basically one of the most secretive people I met, everything she does just seems to raise my suspicions about her, she was like a Rubik's cube, almost impossible to solve. 

"Mr. Erickson? Everything okay? You don't seem alright." Ashley said, placing a hand on my chest. 

That was another thing I've been doing for the past couple of days, hooking up with girls. Not something to be so proud of but it acted as a distraction, though part of my subconscious mind kept telling me that this was completely wrong and it also triggered a feeling of guilt within me, but I always shook it off. 

"Fine." I deadpanned.

Ashley sighed, "Sir, you know I always told you I could be of help if needed, not just in bed. I promise that whatever you confide in me will not get out of this room." 

I started contemplating whether I should tell Ashley or not. "Its just this girl Lilly she disappeared and I'm so worried, its not like we've been close for long. As a matter of fact we only started to become proper friends 10 minutes before her disappearance." I explained the situation, confusion and frustration seeping into my voice as I ran a hand through my hair several times. 

Ashley sat up properly, "Isn't that the girl that Xavier had last weekend?" She asked. 

"Uh..yeah." 

"The same girl you could barely stand who as far as I remember punched you in the guts?" 

"Uh..yeah again." 

"The one that makes you frustrated to no end?" 

"Yes, Ashley the same damn girl." 

"And you are like so worried that she is missing?" 

"So worried." I muttered, rubbing my face roughly with my hand. 

"Uh huh." Ashley said, getting up and retrieving her clothes from the floor. 

"I don't see what you did there Ashley. You just asked questions and are getting ready to leave?" I asked, confused. 

She opened the bedroom door and leaned against it. "The answer is so simple, Mr. Erickson. It seems to me that you like her." She stated, then left the room, leaving me confused and with my mouth agape. 

No way. Is it possible that I like Lilly as in the more than friendly way? Sure, I though she was hot but that's probably it. 

I banged my head against the headboard, "why the hell did you have to mention this Ashley."  I muttered to no one. I am overthinking this, I don't like girls, I don't do romance. I kept repeating this over and over in my head.