CHAPTER 3

Hiccup stood and stared eye to eye at the Monstrous Nightmare. He shook his head at life's way of playing a joke on him by having the monstrous nightmare. He really hoped that someone saw what he had done, but apparently that someone ended up being the Monstrous Nightmare. Hiccup's eyes drooped down in annoyance and he continued to shake his head. There was nothing else to think of at this moment so he quickly dodged a swipe from the Nightmare's claws and a chomp from its teeth. After Hiccup dodged the bite he quickly ran across the high grounds of the village to try and escape.

Stoik had been in the battlefield helping every single villager drive off the dragons from their home. At the moment he had captured a few Nadders in a net and was doing his best to hold them there until a moment later a villager yells, "Stoik!" Stoik turned toward the villager to see what he wanted and saw that he was pointing somewhere. "look!" the Villager said. Stoik turned towards where he was gesturing and saw his son being chased by a very angry Monstrous Nightmare. Stoik shook his head in frustration and turned to the other villagers. "Do not. Let them escape!" he shouted to them and took off towards where his son was.

Hiccup had been running for a small while now and was thanking the gods that he had amazing agility or else he would have been done for. He briefly turned around and saw that the Monstrous Nightmare was charging up a shot of fire to incinerate him. Hiccup thought quickly and hid behind a post just as the Nightmare fired its shot towards Hiccup. He was glad now that his small body allowed him to hide behind a thin post that no viking would be able to hide behind. Hiccup turned to the left to at try and get a peak at the dragon that had tried to make him extra crispy. The Nightmare, however, was already sneaking up on Hiccup from the right. Before the hunter could strike the pray, it was interrupted by a tackle from an annoyed chief.

The Nightmare turned towards the attacker to retaliate with fire, only for the fire to come out in tiny bursts. Stoik focused on the Monstrous Nightmare and said, "You're all out." Stoik quickly charged forward and unleashed blow after blow against the dragon with his fists. The dragon backed up in dizziness when Stoik delivered a powerful punched to it's skull, leaving no other option then to try to flee. The Dragon couldn't get far because he was caught in a net and held down by a few Vikings. Stoik turned towards where Hiccup the pole where Hiccup was standing. The post immediately gave out and the bowl of fire at the time went tumbling down into the village.

Hiccup stared at the bowl as it caused some massive destruction in the town. Each time something got destroyed he could not help but wince at the thought of this increasing the amount of anger his father is feeling. The bowl itself rolled all the way down the village and by chance released some dragons from their binds. Well it seemed Loki was taking enjoyment of making such destruction that would leave Hiccup in trouble. Hiccup sighed and turned around to see his dad there staring at him with disappointment. Stoik was furious. Behind him were a battalion of dragons that him and the other vikings had worked so hard to capture leave with a huge amount of their resources.

At this moment Stoik wondered what he was going to do with Hiccup. Stoik immediately grabbed him by his collar and dragged him towards Gobber and put him down with a yell, "Hiccup! every time you step outside disaster happens. Can you not see that I have a lot more problems stacking up because of this! Winter is coming and I have an entire village to feed."

Hiccup did nothing but look away from his father. He really did not mind being reprimanded for his mistakes, but calling him a walking disaster is going to far. With that, Hiccup turned towards his father shook his head in sadness and anger, and walked away towards his house.

Stoik turned towards Gobber and said, "take him to the house... And make sure he stays there. I have HIS mess to clean up now."