25

Hiccup finally arrived at his house and luckily for him his dad was not in. chances are if anything that Stoik would want to make the fox into dinner. Well right now its Hiccup's choice so if he wants to keep a fox then by the gods he will keep one for himself just like he was able to befriend Toothless. From looking at the young fox kit, he could tell that whatever happened had been really bad for her to look like this. For a while he wondered what happened to her mother, but shook it off. Right now it was not important, what is important is making sure that this fox kit stays alive.

The first thing that he did was wipe off any blood that was on the fox kit. Second was to check for any wounds that were still open. He did not find very many, but all in all he still wiped them off and bandaged them up. The kit did not have any broken bones, but her the pain of all of her injuries would come back. If anything the fox is not going to be the same as Toothless, it would take a while before he could earn the kit's trust. For now all he knew how to do was at least show the fox that he does not mean to hurt her. To do that he is going to put some water and food in front of her for when she wakes up.

Meanwhile at the other island with chief Thunder.

Thunder finally arrived at home, after setting up a ship to sail toward Berk and taking care of his other Chief duties. What surprised him was that his daughter was sitting there with a bunch of chests packed and ready to go. His suspicion brought him to ask, "How long have you been done Cami?"

She looked toward him and said, "eh about five minutes after I got inside." Thunder shook his head at this. If anything were to make Thunder happy, its his daughters antics. Now that is something he would never replace for any reason. Heck Cami was the only reason he still had enough emotion left. What Hiccup did all those years ago, he would never forget.

He smiled at Cami and said, "Ok well, I arranged for the boat to be ready. So let's start taking this stuff down there to load up. After that we can have dinner and call it a night" Cami nodded and they both got to work on loading her stuff onto the boat. Today Cami was going to make sure that she spends as much time as she can with her father. As soon as she takes off tomorrow she was going to wait for the day she arrives. Oh the surprise on Hiccups face when he sees how much she had grown since when they were children. She wondered if Hiccup had also grown into a fine young man, but she would have to wait.

At Berk

Hiccup felt a small shiver run down his spine. He did not know why, but he felt that in a few days things were going to take a turn for the worst. Something told him that things might get a little chaotic. He shook his head off of the thoughts and immediately continued taking care of the unconscious fox. She was doing alright, but he had to keep making sure to change her bandages and clean up any excess blood that was covering her. All in all she was fine, though he did not know when she would wake up. Instead he just picked her up put her on Toothless, and they both went back to the little valley that Hiccup called home.

Even though his injuries hindered almost all of his activities, he was able to make draw more ideas for when he was feeling better. Mostly being an upgrade to his favorite blade. Creating a shield that can have multiple features and extra uses. Along with making himself his own personal longbow. The point of this bow was just to be used before he was able to create the special shield. He was going to keep it for sure and its main purpose is for long range combat.

He was not good with a bow, he knew that. Though like anything happened when it came to learning to ride toothless, practice made perfect. He was going to try hard to get used to this new leg and the long bow. It was really depressing to him the more plans he drew, because in the end it would be a long while before he could get used to it. Hiccup tried really hard to get used to everything that was hindering him. The biggest obstacle that hindered him here was his leg. It still hurt like heck to walk on the dang thing. With the way it is, he probably would have sunk into depression if it weren't for Toothless.

His thoughts were broken when they arrived at the little valley. The first thing that he did was create a small fire for warmth. After that, Hiccup gently grabbed the small fox and lied her down next to the fire. He put a small blanket on the fox for extra comfort, before he grabbed some fish that he had rationed here and began cooking them.

Hiccup sat next to the fire with a searing fish in the fire. His thoughts went to that of Camicazi. The girl that he had risked his life to save, was coming to visit. After recovering from the encounter, Hiccup was immediately thrust into a deal that was heavy on his shoulders. He heard a little yip from his side. When he looked he saw that the fox kit finally woke up. He smiled when he saw that she was fine.

The fox kit woke up feeling warm. It took a while before she finally got the strength to open her eyes. It surprised her that she did not feel any pain in her body, what worried her was the fact that she did not know where she was. She looked to the side and found a great smelling fish sitting next to her. At first she was nervous, but when she smelled the fish her hunger got the best of her. She immediately downed the fish with intense hunger. After finishing the meal she looked around for a reason that it was there in the first place.

She looked forward and saw the human from before. Next to him was a dragon companion. What confused her was the fact that they were both just sitting sitting nonchalantly eating fish. She was about to get up and try to sneak away from the two, but let out a small yip of pain when she found that her leg hurt when she tried to stand up. The small yip got the attention of Hiccup and Toothless. Both turned toward the fox kit. Hiccup was going to put a hand on her but stopped when she growled at him. He pulled his arm back and looked toward Toothless for a second before he grabbed another of his cooked fish. He held the fish toward the fox and waited for her to grab it. Hopefully soon cause this fish was fresh out of the fire. The damn thing was burning his hand. This was a bad time for him not to wear his favorite gloves.

The fox was at first edgy of him but couldn't resist the urge of hunger, and grabbed the fish from his hand and ate again. Hiccup smiled and rubbed his hand. The damn thing was burning his arm really hard. At least he got the fox to trust him, if not at least a little bit. He looked toward Toothless and said, "well at least we got somewhere with gaining her trust. I mean if I recall, you were exactly the same as her." Toothless gave a little gulp and growl while pouting away from Hiccup. Hiccup chuckled and said, "hey if I recall our first encounter I untied you and you roared right in my ear. Thank you for that by the way I can barely hear in that ear by the way." Toothless looked toward Hiccup licked his face.

The result was Hiccup smiling and hugging his scaly brother, "oh relax brother, I forgave you after you gave me your trust. Besides, it worked out well in the end. Though I hope that you can forgive me for what I did to your tail" Toothless looked toward his tail and back to Hiccup before putting his head against him. Hiccup responded by hugging his brother.

The whole time these two were talking the fox kit watched in wonder as these two unlikely of species got along as if they were family. The fox believed then that she could trust this human. As best as she could she got up and walked toward the two and tapped hiccup with her paw. This surprised both Hiccup and Toothless as they both looked toward her and saw that she jumped in between them both and nuzzled her head against Hiccup's leg. They both smiled and Hiccup put his hand on the kits back. For the rest of the day these three got along well, the fox kit grew attached to Hiccup and Toothless.

All three of them just sat there enjoying each others company. Through it all Hiccup noticed that his injuries were starting to mellow out. Maybe soon he will be able to get back into the forge and make Toothless' tail again. He put off trying to figure out on how to use it considering his foot is missing now. He knew he would have to put more thought into it, but the fact that he can no longer have this leg really hurts him. Especially because it was replaced with this wooden leg that would not even be able to fit into the pedal.

He did not realize that time would go by so quick and saw that with all the fun him, Toothless, and the fox kit were having, the sun had finally decided to call it a day. Hiccup took in a deep breath and let it out before he limped to his bed and lied down for a nights rest. He was later joined by the fox kit, who snuggled against his stomach, and Toothless who take his resting place behind Hiccup. This time he wrapped his tail around him and the kit. Tomorrow would be a new day

A/N Thank you for reading see you in the next chapter. Peace!