23

"It all happened one year before my mother's death..." Hiccup began. He was however cut off by Astrid.

"Hiccup before you start this story, I have to say this. When it came to what you have done to take out the Red death..." she started, but was cut off by Hiccup screaming, "You named that giant dragon without me!"

She chuckled at that and just decided to ignore it and continue saying what she wanted to say. She turned to look at him and his injuries and said, "You have no idea how thankful the village and I are for what you had done to save us. What you had to sacrifice..." she said gesturing to his leg and the bandages beneath his armor. Hiccup briefly looked down at them then back toward her. After turning back to her he said, "ahh... don't worry about it. Matter of fact to me losing my leg just brings my bond with Toothless to a whole new level," he said turning to Toothless and rubbing his hand across his scales. Toothless let out a soft growl and turned his head towards Hiccup and gave Hiccup a few licks to his face.

This act earned a few chuckles from Hiccup as he did his best to turn around, and give Toothless a nice hug. After the hug was released Astrid continued, "Well considering what I saw you put yourself through, I am going to say this. I am thankful for what you did to save us all, but I don't ever want to see something like that again," she said giving him a punch to his arm. He cringed in pain as he grabbed his arm to relieve the pain.

"Don't worry Astrid, I had taken some damage before. Including this scar on my chin is not from a small thing, it's from what happened years ago at Chief Thunder's island. Anyway my most recent injuries aside let me get to what is going on. It happened one year before my mothers death. We were to arrive for a peace treaty with Chief thunder. But I will start off with what happened days before. Before anything had happened, my dad wanted to set up trade with the other tribe. There were some problems with the agreements to how it would work and Chief Thunder decided to challenge my dad. Chief Thunder wanted peace and no blood shed. So instead he and my dad fought hand to hand in front of everyone. He wanted to avoid friendly bloodshed we met on a battlefield and my dad brought me to watch the ordeal of what was to happen."

Flashback 8 years ago

the fight between two chiefs was to happen in a randomly chosen island. Two leaders stepped onto the battlefield and were about to settle what could be a bloody war, by just going into the battlefield and the two of them settling things like men.

For a while everyone stared as these two giants just stood there staring each other down. Weapons in hand they both tried to intimidate the other. Stoik was equipped with his favorite hammer and armor, while Chief thunder was equipped with his twin tomahawks and no armor. It was Chief Thunder who decided to speak up.

"Chief Stoik. You and I both know that we have a village to take care of. You have a wife and child to take care of," he said as he tossed one of his twin tomahawks off to the side. He looked toward his last tomahawk in his hand and closed his eyes in respect. Hiccup watched Chief Thunder do this and knew that he would never do that again. Even to another tribe, their weapons were their partners. To put them down is the equivalent of going into battle naked. He found it extremely noble that chief thunder would put his weapons down for this battle.

Chief thunder looked toward Stoic holding his last tomahawk. "I have a daughter that I need to raise. For us to go into this battle without any type of casualty, we are to go into this with the weapons we were born with," Chief Thunder stated before he threw his last Tomahawk to the side and throwing up his fists.