21

Hiccup woke up feeling extremely comfortable. Now normally anybody would say that the ground is not a good place to sleep, but heck here in the little valley with wonderful patches of grass along with his bed roll he felt really comfortable. He thought back to before and realized that now that he is gone he is going to have to actually live here. Actually the thought of living here was very intruiging since he knew he could build his own house and his own smith. Now that was a great thing he would look forward to. Behind him was, of course, his brother Toothless. Both of them were just sitting there relaxing and making the days feel like when they first actually met.

His leg still hurt a lot from trying to walk on the wooden replacement for his leg. The night before he did not pay much mind to some of his other injuries, but when he tried to sit up right he felt a pain close to his ribs. Quickly he lifted his shirt and saw right there across his stomach was an entire barrage of bandages. When he saw the bandages he was reminded what they were for. He briefly flashed back to when he was impaled. He cringed at the memories and opted to fight through the pain and try to use whatever ounce of energy he could muster to get through the day. First on the list of today, catch some breakfast.

He painfully stood up to his feet and looked to Toothless. His eyes shot open because Toothless was still asleep. Okay so this shows that dragons do have a bit of a laze in them, but come on Toothless was extremely hyper the other day. "Hey Toothless..." he said trying to awaken the dragon from his slumber. Since he did not get a response he decided to try a little louder. "Hey Toothless! Come on bud its time to get up," Hiccup said. The only response he got was Toothless turning to the side with a loud moan. This worked to only aggravate Hiccup, "awe come on just last night you were jumping around the house like a crazed troll in a room full of left socks and today you don't even want to get up! Seriously!"

Hiccup's only response was Toothless giving a loud snort with a small twitch of his left leg. Hiccup's eye twitched a bit in annoyance, seriously this dragon goes from having all the energy in the world then switches to a child not wanting to get up to do his morning chores. Hiccup groaned in annoyance, because of the fact that he was heavily injured Hiccup knew he could not do anything to try to wake the sleeping dragon. Instead he went to go try to catch some fish. Key word try.

in the village of berk

Astrid woke up tired. Normally she would have slept at the chief's home to watch over Hiccup, but the day before her parents had called on her to help them understand her dragon. It took her hours just so she could teach the Nadder to listen to her parents just as she had listened to her. As soon as that was done she ate dinner with her parents and slept the night at her own house.

Right now she wanted to try flying on Stormfly again but instead opted to go see if Hiccup had woken up yet. She went up to the front door and was about to knock except for the fact that the door swung open and almost wacked her right across the face. Luckily she managed to dodge it before it could have done some serious damage. Out of the door way came a frantic running stoic. She quickly said, "whoa whoa whoa chief wheres the dragon attacking." stoic turned around and quickly said, "I have to go take care of some business, right now trader johann(A/n: not sure if I spelled it right) told me he has a very important package for me and a message." Instead of waiting for a reply he turned around and calmly walked toward the harbor.

Astrid was seriously confused, the chief never got that worked up over a message nor a package. She shrugged it off for now, but couldn't help but feel that something was going to be different. Astrid walked into the house and went upstairs to do her normal routine of taking care of Hiccup. When she arrived she was surprised to see the bed empty and Hiccup's dragon Toothless gone. At first she was going to freak out until she realized that there would be only one place Hiccup would want to go. She shook her head at how brash his idea of feeling well is. So instead she grabbed some of the nice herbal medecine she always fed to him and poured it in a large jug. Astrid walked to the corner and grabbed a small basket and filled it with ten fishes, for her Hiccup and Toothless.