20

After finally seeing his mom for a long while and being able to actually talk to her to make up for the many years she has been gone. He knew for a fact now, that he had a wonderful afterlife to look forward to. Hiccup groggily and tiredly tried opened his eyes to the real world. He was forced awake by the nudges against his cheek. He didn't know what they were but he needed to open his eyes to see what it was. Hiccup finally had his eyes opened and they adjusted to the image that appeared in front of him nudging his face, and sure enough standing right above his bed was his brother Toothless. The dragon whom was nothing less than a brother to him gleefully jumped up and down all over the house. After the little tantrum of excitement Toothless gently layed his face on Hiccup's lap and looked up toward him with a smile and a soft sigh.

Hiccup smiled at his brother for being here waiting for him. Hiccup loved that the first thing he sees since his awakening, is his brother Toothless. Happily jumping around in excitement. The moment was so great that Hiccup leaned back onto the headboard of his bed. Toothless, while his head was still resting on his lap, took in a deep breath and released as a sign of great comfort. Hiccup did not want this moment to end for at least a good other minute. Hiccup turned to look out of his window and was greeted by the dark of the night sky out in the distance. He smiled and turned back to Toothless who looked up at him and gave a soft roar of happiness. What caught Hiccup off guard was the realization that his father had not woken up yet with all of Toothless' jumping. As he thought back to his childhood, he remembered that his dad was indeed a heavy sleeper.

Hiccup then thought back to what had transpired before he even ended up in a coma. His father had disowned him. That act by itself already sentences him either to death or exile. Since his dad prefered viking tradition he decided to deal with exile. Heck he was not going to let his dad got off of this so easily with by immediately coming back and forgiving him just like that. He needed to earn his forgiveness now. It's kind of sad considering Hiccup remembered that it was because Hiccup gave peace to stoic with the other tribe that they had come so close to war with. Right now he did not want to deal with any flashbacks. He was going to dissappear.

Hiccup tapped Toothless on the head three times softly, to signal that he wanted to get up. As he was about to get up he felt cringed and felt an unwanted pain that he never felt before. He quickly removed the cover and found a sight he really was hoping he wouldn't. Hiccup closed his eyes and sighed with a shake of his head. He lost a leg, and no matter how hard he would try, it will not come back. He looked up at Toothless with a sad look before he turned and put both his foot, and his prosthetic leg on the ground. He knew this was going to hurt, no doubt about it that it was going to hurt. Toothless inspected the prosthetic leg on his rider and looked toward his missing tail. Toothless knew that now had something that signified that they are alike. Instead of looking at this as a bad thing Toothless looked at it as a way for him and Hiccup to bond more. Especially since Hiccup might have trouble walking on his own

Hiccup painfully stood up and felt a jolt of pain shoot through his leg where his prosthetic leg was. It really hurt like hell for him to even put pressure on it, but like Gobber he was going to try to get use to it. He took a step forward with his prosthetic leg and immediately collapsed from all of the pain. He would have hit the floor and hurt himself had it not been for Toothless catching him before his fall. He stood up and resisted the pain till he was finally standing still. He looked toward Toothless and thanked him for his help with a nod. Toothless decided to give his brother a little more help by placing his head under his arm and walked forward. Step by step they both walked downstairs and to the front door.

the scene between these two would explain so much about what they mean to each other. A dragon with a missing tail needed help from this boy for a long time to be able to fly. Now that same dragon was being the very same help to the rider for his missing leg. Now this kind of bond would never be reached by many. As soon as they were out of the house Hiccup looked to Toothless and said, "you know where to go Brother." Toothless gave a small nod and they both walked together toward where they know no one would find them. The little valley in the woods. Before they did go into the woods Hiccup and Toothless limped toward his little hut and picked up his necessary materials. It was not easy for Hiccup to get everything, considering he needed to lean on something for him to actually walk.

when he gathered it all up he put some of it on Toothless while, even though it would hurt, he decided to at least try to carry some of his own stuff. Luckily when he woke up his favorite outfit was still on and his sword was placed inside his hut for him to take. After they gathered everything they marched into the woods to go to where they feel completely comfortable.

on another island

a female was laying in her bed and resting for the night. She looked toward her ceiling and sighed. In her arms was a frame for a picture in her arms. She turned to the side again and put the picture back on the stand next to her. The picture contained a very well drawn picture of herself and someone else. She smiled and gave a soft kiss to the picture before she said, "soon Hiccup Horrendous Haddock." the smile on her face never left after closed her eyes and went to sleep.

A/n: Hey ya'll I am so sorry to leave this at a cliffhanger, but this is just a promise that from now on I will be updating this thing from her on out. Oh and I am bringing a new character into this that does not belong to me, many in the microsoft console users will know who he is when I bring him anyway let me know how I did. Thanks for reading