CHAPTER 10

Hiccup woke up this morning to the sun bearing down on his face. He squinted his eyes and held his hand up to block out the sun and wait for his eyes to adjust to the glare of the morning sun. What was strange to Hiccup was the fact that when he woke up he felt a presence behind him. He sad up and turned his head to see what was there. He was surprised to see the form of Toothless sleeping beside his makeshift bed. He smiled at his friend as he looked own on his makeshift bed and saw Toothless' tail wrapped around it. He realized that Toothless now trusted him as a friend, and by Thor almighty he was going to make sure he deserved that title.

The title of a true friend is earned, and Hiccup felt he had not earned it yet. Especially cause now he feels guilty with putting him in a flightless situation. Toothless had long ago earned his title of best friend. Now Hiccup had to earn his. He took off the makeshift blanket and got up to stretch. This action had woken Toothless up from his slumber. While stretching Hiccup did not notice that Toothless was awake. To get his attention Toothless gave him a small nudge on Hiccup's back. This had caused Hiccup to lose his balance and fall forward into the water. Turning around he looked at Toothless with wide eyes and a smile. Toothless responded with a few chirps signifying his laughter. Hiccup shook his head and gave off a light chuckle before he got up and out of the water to greet his friend.

"Well good morning you sly dragon you..." he said lightly as he pets Toothless on the snout. He shook his head at Toothless' antics before looking back up at the sun. At this moment his eyes went wide. He had slept in. blinking a few Times he knew he was not late for today's lesson. The problem was the fact that he had not gotten the chance to try to forge the rest of the plans to get Toothless' to fly again. Shrugging it off he decided he would work on it later. He rolled up his little bed and put it in a cave like archway, just in case it would rain. He planned on sleeping in this little canyon for the next few days until his father came home.

He closed his eyes and took a deep fresh breath of air before he started to walk back to the village. Before he did that, he walked to his friend Toothless and pet him on the neck as he said, "I'll be back bud." Toothless responded with a nod, while he gave a soft purr he looked at Hiccup with a small growl.

He smiled back at Toothless then turned around and walked on home. At this moment, Hiccup remembered what time it was and immediately smiled at Toothless before he turned around and charged for Berk. Today was another day, another challenge. He hoped that today if not soon he would have a fall that will get him out of this stupid competition. Although he knew that he could not hide Toothless forever. Soon he will be discovered, and he knew he needed to be prepared for that day. He had to be, for both their sakes.

If he could at least come up with an idea to get his father to see his change, then just maybe there could be a chance for him to convince his father that dragons are not what they think they are. While he was reminiscing this he did not realize that he was already at the village. When he came to, he quickly ran into his inner sanctum and switched back into his most known "Berk" attire. As soon as he was finished he stretched himself a little to get adjusted to being out of his favorite armor and walking the rest of the way to the arena.

Upon arrival he saw everyone had gathered around on of the doors. Walking up to the students he saw that this cage had a very small extra door at the bottom. He raised an eyebrow at what was going on. Looking up he sees Gobber at the other end of the massive gate with his hand on a lever.

"Meet the Terrible Terror." He said as he opened the really small gate. What came out was not what anyone would have in mind when talking about fierce dragons. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard Tuffnut begin his monologue.