22

Hiccup woke up this morning feeling a lot more better. His injuries did not bother him as much before. His leg of course still hurt to try to walk, but his side injury has been slowly getting better and better since receiving the wound to his side. The day before the pain of walking and breathing was pretty bad. It stopped it from getting anything special done. Luckily Astrid had kept him company. He never expected for someone like her to take care of him at a bad time. After they had finished eating and talking Astrid had gone home to rest for the night.

They did not talk about much. It was mostly Astrid asking him how it was that Hiccup had gained Toothless' trust. He did tell her everything, from the time he shot him down to when Toothless almost torched him with fire. While he told her his story with Toothless, she would sit there and listen to each and every detail of how difficult it was to gain Toothless' trust.

that aside write now he had to take care of some stuff. He sat up and felt a small jolt of pain run through his leg. He still is not used to walking on a prosthetic leg, and he did not know when he would be used to it. The only thing he knew was that he was going to walk with a limp for a long while. As usual Toothless was right behind him while he slept. Hiccup did not want to bother his scaly brother, so hopefully like yesterday Toothless will remain unconscious. Hiccup crawled quietly away from toothless and then tried to stand up. It still really hurt, though he wasn't going to lie

When Hiccup managed to get on his feet he stretched and cracked a few bones. The feeling after relieving those bones and muscles was amazing. He took a deep breath and closed his to enjoy the moment for a little while longer before releasing that breath and opening his eyes. The scenery of today was amazing. The light shone throughout the little valley while the air gave off a nice cool breeze.

He knew that today was a day for relaxation, and what best way to enjoy today then to relax with his brother toothless. Today is really good for him to work slowly. Now all he needed to do was just enjoy it. He walked toward the lake and sat down for a little bit. For a while he just sat there staring at the rest of the scenery to really get that relaxed feeling of just being there. More beauty was added to the moment when Toothless' approached him from behind and sat down next to him. For a long while they enjoyed just sitting there staring off into the lake randomly. When it was finally time to do something, Hiccup grabbed a fish from a basket. These fish were left over from the night before, and since they had so much to spare, Hiccup and Toothless had enough food to last him the whole day today.

After giving Toothless the fish, Hiccup got up and kept on working on getting used to his new leg. He decided that the best way to do that was to do his everyday activities like he normally would. Right now the first thing on the list was to go to the forge with Gobber and forge a new tail for Toothless. Hiccup heard a loud burp from behind him. He turned to the sound and saw that Toothless had practically inhaled the leftover fish from the night before. His stomach made a loud growl sound loud enough for him to grab his stomach. Looking at the circumstances of this situation Hiccup had a new objective for today. Go to the village to grab a meal.

As soon as he started walking off out of the little valley Toothless gave a loud yawn and stretched out his body. With a few cracks of his bones done with the stretching he walked over to join Hiccup in his walk toward the village. Side by side they both walked until they reached the village. On the way there however Hiccup had to stop to rest in order for his leg to stop feeling any more pain of trying to walk with a wooden leg.

As soon as they arrived they both walked toward the market district to pickup some fish. Of course along the way they ran into a whole different atmosphere then what they were originally comfortable with. Everyone greeted him this morning with a smile and a wave. Hiccup was not used to getting this kind of attention. Heck all he knew was everyone ignoring him from left to right.