Part 1: The Return

"Kid. Hey, kid. Wake up. We gotta go," a female voice stated.

"Wanda?" I asked, unaware of what was happening. In shock, I looked at my arms and my surroundings to see that I was in the Wakandan jungle where Wanda, Sam, Bucky, and I had just disappeared. "Are we really back?"

"Yeah we are, and they need our help."

A moment later I saw the golden, swirling portal. I could see Steve on the other side facing Thanos and his army. The wreckage of the Avengers compound was visible in the distance.

"You ready?" she asked.

"Yeah. I am. Let's go." I replied.

We walked through the portal, and I could see everyone as we amassed into an army. Not just the Avengers but the Wakandans, the Asgardians, everyone. All of us wanting the same thing: to make Thanos suffer. When it seemed as though new arrivals had ceased, I heard two words so low, it's astounding how anyone heard Captain Rogers saying them.

"Avengers," he yelled as he summoned Mjolnir to himself, "assemble."

Together, we charged.

One Month Later

It wasn't until a few days later that I found out it had been five years. By that time, we had already had memorial services for Tony and Natasha. I was just leaving Tony's cabin because I was done babysitting Morgan when, "Hey, Kait. Wait up," Peter called.

Oh, that's right. How rude of me. I haven't even introduced myself yet. My name is Kaitlyn or "Kait" for short. I'm sixteen years old and live in Queens. My parents died due to the decimation, and I'm an Inhuman. I went through Terrogenisis when I was fourteen at school when a compound known as Terrigen was released in the ventilation system. Terrigen and Inhumans were created by aliens called the Kree, but that's a long story. My powers allow me to summon swords, knives, axes, bows, and arrows, but no guns. All my weapons glow blue (I don't know why), and no one else can use them unless I give them permission. My powers also give me the ability to heal myself but only if I stab the wound with my knife. It's painful to do that, I have passed out more than once, but it's efficient. Anyway, on with the story.

"What is it Peter? I'm late for a really important interview," I stated. Sure, I was a little rude, but I was like five years late for this interview.

"Look, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for letting you go through all this. No one your age should have to do this."

"Dude, we're the same age," I stated, rolling my eyes.

"Exactly!" Peter exclaimed. Then we laughed. It was probably the first time that either of us had laughed in five years. Then the moment was over, and we started hurting again.

"I really have to go Pete. Is that all you wanted to tell me?" I asked, looking at my watch.

"One last thing. Come here," he stated as he pulled me into a tight hug. I was pretty sure that he wasn't using his "wall cling" power, but it felt as if he was (he's Spider-Man by the way). We stood there for at least a minute and would've stayed longer if Wanda hadn't come to get me.

"Kait, we gotta go. I rearranged my schedule to take you," she stated.

"Alright. I'm coming. Bye Peter," I said as I waved to him.

"Bye!"

"So, are you ready?" Wanda asked me as we pulled up to Midtown School of Science and Technology.

"Probably not, but here we are," I remarked, trying to hide how nervous I was.

"Did you tell Peter about the interview?"

"I said that there was an interview."

"Kait," she stated sternly.

"What? I didn't want to get his hopes up in case I didn't get in."

She sighed. "I guess I get it. You hope that if no one knows about this beforehand, then you don't have to worry about letting anyone down. That about it?"

"Pretty much. Now, let's do this."