Part 9

"Kaitlyn," a familiar voice sang. "Wake up my dear. It's time"

I woke up with a jolt. I looked around to see that I was at home but not my apartment. My old house from five years ago. Then I realized whose voice had called to me. "Mom? Dad?" I cried. "Show yourself!"

"There is no need to yell, Kaitlyn. I am right here," she said. And there she was, just as I remembered. She was beautiful with her black hair and hazel eyes. Her freckles were prominent on her fair skin making it look like someone had drawn dots all over her with a magic marker. Mom had always been taller than me by three inches but two inches shorter than Dad who was five feet and twelve inches.

"Is this a dream?" I asked sadly, already knowing the answer.

"In a sense," she responded in a soothing voice. "It would appear that you hit your head rather hard. Before you know it you will wake up and go back to your life with Wanda." She said Wanda's name with a certain tone of disgust. She had never really liked Wanda since some news outlets portrayed her as a Sokovian criminal.

I started getting a bad feeling about all of this. I had never had a dream like this before. It was too vivid. "Mom, are you actually here right now? Did you come to me, or did I come to you?"

"I brought your mind here because we need to talk."

At that moment someone grabbed me from behind and started to restrain my hands. I lifted my foot and planted it down hard on the unknown assailant's foot. He grunted in pain and grabbed his foot. My instincts did the rest. I grabbed his arm and flipped him over my back without even thinking about it. Thank you so much, Natasha, I thought. When I looked down, I saw my dad staring back up at me. His sandy-blonde hair was in his chocolate brown eyes. He always did like to keep it relatively long. "What is going on here?"

At lightning speed my mom drew a knife and had me pinned against the wall. She had the tip of the knife resting on my throat. The room suddenly changed into the nightmare room from that morning. "Don't you understand dear? You could've saved us if you hadn't been in Wakanda!" she yelled.

"I had to be there. I had to help," I croaked. Hot tears had started rolling down my face.

"Look how that ended up! The Avengers still lost, and we died for nothing!"

I was trying with all my might to summon any weapon at all, but nothing worked. "Stop!" I screamed.

"You did this! You killed us, Kaitlyn! You killed us!!!"

"NO!!!" A surge of energy washed over me as every weapon I could possibly summon shot out from my body in a solid wave of blue light. It vaporized everything including the floor. I fell for what seemed like forever. My body collided with the bottom of the pit.