Part 11

A doctor gave me a sedative, so that they could track my brain activity while I was asleep. Biggest. Mistake. Ever. The moment I was out, I was back in that room. I saw my mom and dad talking in the corner directly across from me. My feet started to slowly back up until my body hit a wall. Wait no. It wasn't a wall. It was a door. While contemplating whether or not to go in, I heard footsteps coming from where my parents were. Fear took over, and I went in.

I could hear the voices of my parents through the door. They were talking about a plan to capture someone. "-ore time. We have to delay as long as we can until the asset is secured," my mom said.

"How are we going to convince the commander to do that?" my dad responded. "He is set on having the army move to the new base in a few days."

Still arguing about troop movement, they started walking again. I decided to explore the dark room that I was in. The first thing that I searched for was a light switch. Unfortunately, it was so dark that it was impossible to find the very thing to make it bright. I went to Plan B, summoning a knife for light. I had no idea if this was going to work because I had never tried it before. I summoned it and bright blue light shone in my face. Although, the light went barely two inches in front of my face. Time for the big guns, I thought. I put the knife back in the void, or wherever it is where they go, and for the first time summoned a sword.

It was a strange sensation. Summoning a sword took more energy than a knife. It almost felt heavier, even though the weapons I summon weigh nothing to me. The light it gave off went much further ahead. It allowed me to see that this room was actually just a hallway. There was another door at the end that had strange engravings on it. I tried to turn the door handle, but it was locked. Before I could attempt to break down the door, something happened under my feet. A trap door opened, and I fell down a dark, narrow shaft.

Fortunately, I landed on my feet. Unfortunately, I landed in the middle of a room filled with people. Among them were my parents. They grabbed my arms and put power-represent handcuffs on my wrists. "Family reunion. Yay," I remarked sarcastically.

My parents led me back to the throne room where they said I would meet the commander. To be honest, I was not looking forward to meeting this guy. I had had enough of him when I had the first dream. When we got there, I suddenly felt ten times colder than before. I looked around for their commander, but the room was empty. "So where is he?" I asked.

"Why, I'm right here, Kaitlyn," a voice somewhere in front of me said. I noticed movement in the direction where the throne had been in the first dream. Only, it wasn't a throne. It was a big floating chair that held one of S.H.I.E.L.D's most wanted criminals. "I've been here the whole time."

"Modok," I said quite frankly, annoyed. "So this is all A.I.M? Are you broadcasting some kind of signal? Is this all a dream? I want answers. NOW!"

"Now now. There's no need to be rude," he stated. "What difference does it make if this is real or a dream?"

"Wh-what difference does it make?! Mark my words Modok. I will find out if this is real, and if it is then I will do everything in my power to stop you!"

"Brave words from a sad little orphan girl who with all that power couldn't save her own parents."

That was it. That one comment made me snap. I roared in anger and burst out of the restraints. I shook off my parents, summoned the sword, and went straight for Modok. It all happened so fast. My hands were about to swing down to hit him, but some kind of energy was shot at me. It knocked me back. When I hit the ground, the whole scene faded.