Part 7

You might think that that would put a damper on things, but the day was still pretty good. At least as good as first days go. We had science first which was amazing. The three of us were lab partners, and we had to find out the boiling point of nitrogen. It wasn't easy, by the way, and if you are wondering what it is, it's negative three hundred twenty and four tenths degrees Fahrenheit. I also noticed that Peter was making a strange concoction in the drawer of the desk and realized that it was his web fluid. Sadly, since it's only the first day of school science only lasted for twenty minutes.

Our second class was math, but it probably wasn't as interesting as it normally was (at least I hope so) since we didn't do anything. All we did was do problems from the book and calculate pi to the twentieth digit. Nine, I thought right after we were told to do it. The rest of class I ended up just reading a book on my laptop. The bell was about to ring when an announcement came on the PA system, "Kaitlyn Maximoff, come to Principal Morita's office. Kaitlyn Maximoff, come to Principal Morita's office." Everyone started looking at me when it ended because they knew that I was the new kid that just got called.

I got up and grabbed my stuff, so that it would be with me for my next class. All eyes were on me as I walked out of the room. Once out of the room, my legs walked as fast as they could without running. When I reached Principal Morita's office, he told me to have a seat. I was about to ask him why he called me when he said, "You are probably wondering why I called you here and made you miss the end of class."

Almost as if on command, the bell rang to signify the end of second period. "A little bit," I responded with. "Not that I'm complaining. Math was kinda boring, if I'm being honest," I joked. "And as fun as this is, being late for shop class on the first day wouldn't make the best first impression."

"I see that your humor is still intact," he laughed. "Just wanted to make sure that you were better. Since the last time I saw you... well you know."

"Um, thanks. To be honest, that was not what I was expecting to happen. I thought for sure that you were calling me in here for something. Which is why we were confused when you called me."

"I'm sorry, but did you say 'we'?"

"Well yeah. Me, Peter, and Ned. I met Peter through the Stark Internship. Then he introduced me to Ned today."

"This is news to me. I thought that you didn't know anyone here. But that doesn't matter. Wanda wanted me to give you a message. She called and said that she wasn't going to be home until past 8:00 and if you had to talk to her to call the- the... mansion? She said that you would know what that means."

I knew exactly what that meant. It meant that she got called away from work for a mission. It also meant that there was a possibility that she might not come back at all. Stop thinking that way. She's going to come home, I told myself. "Thanks for the message," I told him. "Can I go now? They are probably getting worried. Besides, I have classes to get to."

He motioned for me to leave, and on my way out he said, "Have a good day. And tell Flash to keep that ego in check."