Part 5

"What is it? What's going on?" he asked me.

"Caleb?" I asked while looking up. "Out of all the people, why him?"

"Who's Caleb and why are you so worried?"

"Remember how I just told you about the attack from the gang?"

"Yeah, I do and why do I have the feeling that I should be concerned?"

"Well, that may or may not be the guy that led them."

As soon as I said that, Peter positioned himself in front of me, blocking me from Caleb's view. He kept his back to me so that he could keep his eyes on Caleb. I couldn't see his expression, but I could only guess that he was staring him down. I was hoping that he wasn't staring because then that would've drawn attention to us which would make things worse. Peter must have realized this because he turned around so that he was facing me. I thought that he was turning around so as to not draw attention, but then I saw the look on his face.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I think he saw you," he said

"Why do you think that?"

"Because he's coming this way."

I looked over his shoulder and there he was, six feet of evil walking right toward us. As he came closer, I thought, He won't try anything with all of these people here, will he? I was right, apparently, because he stopped a few feet away from us. He seemed to be waiting for the train to stop.

When the train was almost to its next stop, I conjured a knife, gave it to Peter, and said, "If he does come at us then you're going to need this."

He took the knife and did something that I didn't expect. He took off one of his web shooters, and he showed me how to use it. Just after he finished, the train started to slow down. When the train came to a stop, everyone got off except Peter, Caleb, and me. After the doors closed, Caleb walked toward us. I could tell that he was having problems with his right arm because when he drew his knife he only had one in his left hand which wasn't his dominant hand.

"You're not having problems with your right arm are you?" I remarked. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have said that, but he kind of called me scum the last time we saw each other, so.

"Very funny," Caleb said. "You know because of you my friends and my sister left me. They thought that I was weak, if you can believe that. All because of you."

"If you want to hurt Kaitlyn then you better be up for a fight because that is exactly what you'll get," Peter said while brandishing the knife.

"Caleb, just go away. There are two of us, and you are already hurt from the last time you tried to kill me. If you get off at the next stop, then we won't have to hurt you. Don't make the wrong decision."

"I haven't seen Kayla since the day that she ran away! I'm trying to find her."

"Well I hope that if you do find her that she is strong enough to do to you what you did to her. Also, she had every right to run away, but if you stand down then I'll help you find her."

"You're lying," he said as he pointed his knife at me. "Why would you want to help me? Also, why would I want your help? You are the reason that she's gone."

"Well she's not going to want to talk to you, apparently," Peter remarked. "Just let us help you and this will all be over with."

"Caleb, you asked me why I would want to help you. I want to help you because it is the right thing to do. We really do want to help you, but you have to put down the knife," I said to him.

The train was starting to slow which meant that we had been in this stand off for only about five minutes. I looked out the window and started seeing lights for the platform. I was getting ready for a fight when Caleb did the most unexpected thing. He dropped the knife just as we were coming up on the station. When he did, I took back the knife that I gave to Peter and made all three knives, including Caleb's, disappear. We all stood there for a moment in an awkward silence before the doors opened. Then he walked out, and it was over.

As people started to get on the train, Peter and I grabbed two seats in the corner. The next stop was going to be ours, and it was only supposed to be a few minutes, but it felt like an eternity. I had never been this nervous before. I guess almost dying before 8:00 AM can do that to you. I could tell that Peter was worried about me and was going to ask me questions, but I gave him a look to tell him not now. When no one else was looking, I took off the web shooter and put it in his jacket pocket.

Untold Stories On An Alternate Earthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें