Part 10

Once again, I awoke with a jolt. This time it was much more violent, for in my sleep I had conjured a knife. I blindly swung in every direction until I was restrained by a scarlet energy. Wanda grabbed my arm and calmed me down. Breathing raggedly, I laid back in my bed only to realize that it wasn't my bed. It was a hospital bed. I cannot believe that Peter brought me to a hospital. Although, once I looked at Wanda's face, I realized that this was the right place for her to be. She had numerous new lacerations on her face and arms. Having her there made me feel so safe that I just broke. Tears fell down my face uncontrollably. Wanda wrapped her arms around me and whispered, "It's going to be okay." I cried myself to sleep in her arms.

The next time I awoke, it was much more permanent. I ate a meal, talked to some friends (mostly from the Avengers), and walked around some. The doctors told me that I had a concussion from slamming into the wall. They also said that I would have to stay a few more days for observation. "Wait, what? I have school. I've missed work that I have to make up. I can't stay here," I complained. "Wanda, please tell them."

"Actually, Kait, I agree with the doctors. You need to take it easy. You need to rest."

"I've been unconscious for two days. I think that is enough rest!"

I was about to start ripping the IVs out of my arm when a voice spoke in my mind. Kaitlyn, don't make me do something I'll regret.

Are you kidding me, I responded. Wanda, you did not just get into my head!

You are angry so it was pretty easy to break your mental barrier. I don't like going into your head, but you need to listen to me.

Well, I suppose I don't really have a choice do I? Since you invaded my last safe place on Earth.

Look, I'm sorry, but you have to stay. You have a concussion. A number of things could happen if you leave.

What's your angle? I thought in response. From what I've seen, everyone has an angle. Why do you care about me so much?!

I can't lose you too. I just can't. If anything were to happen to you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

We had been completely quiet for about two minutes. The doctors were probably wondering what the heck was going on. I finally responded, "Fine. I'll stay, but only for the night. Tomorrow we leave."

"Agreed," Wanda said. "Tomorrow we leave."

I stopped resisting the doctors and let them put in the new IV drip. All of them were speechless at my response to stay. They were probably wondering how Wanda had convinced me to stay without saying a word. The doctor in charge came in, and she told Wanda that she would have to leave.

Dr. Wakefield, who was in charge of my case, said that they were just going to be running some final tests. She asked me if I was okay with them taking a blood sample. Of course I said no. If they were to run tests on my blood, then they would discover that I'm an Inhuman. Then the doctors would eventually figure out that I haven't signed the Sokovia Accords; even though the Accords are in the process of being repealed, it still applies. I would be arrested, and the authorities would put me in some kind of institute for super powered whack jobs.

You might be wondering how this could all happen from a simple blood test. Well you see, before an Inhuman turns their DNA is normal. But after one of us goes through the mist(another word for terrogenisis) our DNA changes. It then has extra macromolecules(don't ask).

Dr. Wakefield must have seen the fear in my face because then she said, "It's okay. I used to be afraid of blood too."

"Just because I don't want blood taken doesn't mean I'm afraid," I responded. "You asked, and I said no. Simple as that."

She looked a little taken aback by my response. "I'm sorry. I just assumed. Anyway, let's get on with the tests, shall we?"

They put a fish net on my head. Okay it wasn't actually a fish net, but it looked like one. It was one of those brain activity detectors. "This is to make sure that your brain activity is normal," Dr. Wakefield explained. "If it is, then you are free to go tomorrow."

"And if not?" I asked.

"Then that means you still have residual effects from hitting your head. If that ends up being the case then you'll have to stay a few more days."

"Then here's hoping it's normal."