Chapter 7

Ella's P.O.V

"Mom, where are you? I am back home, I need to talk to you about something. Are you home yet?." I ask her while entering my house and removing my shoes to keep it in the shoe rack.

"Ella, dear. Yes I am at home only. Just cleaning my room. Come up. And let's discuss about your day." She replies in a loud voice shouting from her room upstairs.

"Yeah, mom I am coming." I reply while climbing up the stairs.

Seeing her in the room I go towards her and give her a tight hug. We talk to each other about all the random things happened at school today. I also tell her about our plan for tomorrow and ask for her permission,"Mom can I please go for a picnic tomorrow?. I would really appreciate if you would let me go. Its just that I am bored with my daily routine so I need a change but if you don't want me to go, I can totally understand and tell Veronica about it right away." I tell her in a scared voice.

"Ella, honey. Don't be scared to ask me such things. Just go and have fun. You don't have to worry about anything. Don't waste your time okay, go and freshen up. Also prepare your things for tomorrow and let me know if you need anything." She says in an encouraging tone.

"Thank you so much mom for understanding. Love you. Yeah I'll prepare everything for tomorrow. "I tell her in an exciting tone while running to my room.

After freshing up, I change my clothes into something comfortable and I decide to wear black color shorts with a grey crop top and tie my hair into a messy bun.
So I start preparing for tomorrow and start packing my bagpack by keeping a pair of jeans and t-shirt, extra towel, I carry a lip gloss, put a body lotion, and sun screen in my bag and also a nude lipstick.

While packing my bag I think about Veronica and I can remember how many times she has forgotten to carry important things with her and how she used to feel embarrassed in front of everyone else whenever we used to go for a picnic or a dayout and just chuckle at the thought of it. So I call her to know if she has started packing and remind her to carry every important thing with her.

After few seconds she picks up the call.

"Hey Veronica, have you started packing yet?." I ask her with a loud voice while blasting through her ears.

"Yes, Ella. I have started packing and what about you? Excited about tomorrow right?." She asks in a joyous tone.

"Yeah, Veronica. I am really thrilled about tomorrow. And yes I have started packing and while putting all the necessary stuff in my bag I got a thought about you if you have started packing or not yet. So I just called to ask you. And one more thing don't forget any important stuff okay like you always do. Be careful." I tell her while laughing and pulling her leg.

"Yes girl, don't worry I won't forget anything this time and even if I do you are there for me so you can share some things with me. And stop making fun of me okay?." She tells me in a soft yet angry tone.

"Okay, Veronica. Take everything with you and let me know if you need anything. I got to go okay. See you tomorrow." I tell her in a delightful tone.

"Sure Ella, see you. Can't wait for tomorrow. Bye." She tells in a felicious tone.

"Yeah, bye bye." I replied.

And I hung up the call.

After packing my bag, I decide to complete as many assignments as I can because I have to submit all the assignments and projects on Friday. Evening passes by, and it's already 7:30 so I go to the kitchen and I make myself a coffee because I am really stressed out with the work. Pfff.
I just can't wait for tomorrow and take my mind off everything that's going on around me.