Chapter 24

Ella's P.O.V

"Derek, wait! Can I please talk to you for a minute? Its important." I tell Derek with an anxious look on my face and in a low tone.

"Yeah, Ella. Sure you can talk to me. What is it baby? Please tell me, is something bothering you?." Derek asks me with worry in his voice.

"Derek, I really don't think that this is a good idea. What if Veronica starts manipulating you into loving her again? What if you will forgive her and start dating her again? What if....." I was cut off in between when Derek leans in closer to me and kiss me suddenly with so much intensity and passion.

"Shh, Ella. Don't worry about such things okay. I can't see you crying and I know that I haven't told you this before but I will tell you today that I love you with all my heart and I will not break your heart. I really cannot think of forgiving Veronica and date her again because I don't want to lose a precious soul like you. Just trust me okay." Derek tells me in a soft tone while hugging me tightly.

"Derek, I love you too and I trust you okay. Its just that I am scared because I can't imagine losing you." I tell Derek with an upset look on my face.

"You aren't going to lose me Ella because I can't imagine my life without you, just support me so that we can get through this." Derek tells me with a smile on his face and holds my hand tightly.

"Yeah, okay but just promise me that once we come to know about all the secrets Veronica has been keeping from us you will leave her and come to me." I tell Derek while looking at his face.

"I promise you Ella and please don't worry so much. Everything will be okay soon." Derek replied while placing a hand on my shoulder and we take down the elevator.

"Okay." I sighed. Also I continue asking," Derek where are we going though? Can you drop me at my home?." I ask Derek with a peculiar look on my face.

"Ella, aren't you coming at my home? Don't you want to spend some time with me? Why are you asking such a strange question?." Derek asks me with a surprising look on his face.

"Derek, its really late and I need to go home now. Frankly saying, I am really not in the mood after what just happened so I would like to spend some time alone." I tell Derek with a sad look on my face.

"Okay, Ella. I dont mind but are you sure because from tomorrow we won't be able to spend time with each other or talk to each other so today is the last chance you have got. Think about it." Derek tells me in a teasing tone with a smirk forming on his face.

"Derek, are you serious? How can you even say that? Are you really happy because you won't get to spend time with me? Ugh. Do you want me to cry again? Is this the right time to joke around?." I ask Derek while looking down on the floor and in a low tone.

"Ella, my love. I was just pulling your leg please don't take it seriously. Do you really think that I won't spend time with you from tomorrow? I will anyhow so don't worry much okay and I don't want to see tears in your eyes from now on because it really makes me sad." Derek tells me while holding my hand tightly.

"Okay, Derek. Don't worry I won't cry and I will take care of myself. I trust you." I replied with a slight smile.

"Yeah, lets go. Ill drop you home okay." Derek tells me while we walk towards the parking lot.

"Yeah." I replied.

I and Derek take a seat in his car and we drive away. We reach at my place in 5 minutes and while getting down from his car I greet him and give him a flying kiss. Derek smiles at me and he drove away.

Entering the house, I go upstairs to my room and slam the door behind me.

I sit on the couch in my balcony and I feel so sad and stressed about all the things. I am still not convinced with the fact that Derek is going to spend time with Veronica from tomorrow and he is going to be her puppet again just because we want to know the entire truth. Is knowing truth worth losing our relationship? Or am I being too insecure about it? I think I love him too much. Ugh. What if I will lose him for good? I cannot deal with another breakup and specially not with Derek. He has loved me like no one else has and I don't want to lose such a pure soul like him. I appreciate Zach and Lily for what they did for us but I am really not okay with this plan because I know how Veronica is and she will definitely try and manipulate Derek into dating her again. Oh my god, what should I do? Should I just trust Derek and support him with this? I think I should trust him and stand beside him in this because it isn't going to be easy for him either and I am sure that he will never date Veronica again so I don't think I have to worry much about all this and just go with the flow.