Chapter 31

Derek's P.O.V

Next morning.

I wake up around 7am in the morning and as I was just about to go to the washroom to freshen up a notification pops on my laptop screen and I wonder,"Who is it? At this hour?." So, I log in to my laptop out of curiosity.
After watching the video, I get so 'SHOCKED' and sadness take over my entire body. My face turns pale because I cannot believe it. Argh. I groan loudly in anger. "How can this happen?." I say to myself in a low tone and run towards the washroom, freshen up quickly and leave my house immediately.

I take the elevator downstairs, and walk towards the parking lot. I take a seat in my car, start the engine and drive away. I reach school in 10 minutes.

I walk through the campus and search for Zach but he is nowhere to be seen. Maybe, ill find him in the building or near his classroom. So, I enter the main door of the building and I can see Zach standing with Lily and Ella and I walk towards them.

"Hey, Zach buddy. I need to talk to you about something." I tell Zach with a pale look on my face and in a low tone.

"Sure, Derek. What's the matter?." Zach asks me with concern in his voice.

"Hey, Derek. Good morning." Ella greets me with a smile on her face and hug me while interrupting mine and Zach's conversation.

"Just stay away from me Ella. I am really not in the mood to talk to you or even look at your face. How could you betray me huh? I loved you damn it!." I yell at Ella in a maddening tone.

"What is wrong with you Derek? Why are you behaving so rudely with me? What did I do huh? Can you please tell me." Ella tells me with a scared look on her face and with worry filled in her voice.

"Ella, please. I don't want to talk to you anymore. Leave me alone." I tell Ella with a serious look on my face.

"Derek, what is wrong with you? What happened to you suddenly?." Lily asks me with curiosity in her voice.

"Lily, please. I really don't think I have to explain anything to you. Please stay out of it." I tell Lily in a rude tone.

"Derek, buddy. What's the matter? You and Ella were doing fine till yesterday, what happened suddenly? Can you please tell me." Zach asks me with concern in his voice.

"Guys, please. I just need to be alone. I am going. Ill talk to you later Zach
Now is not the right time. Will see you all later." I tell them with a sigh and walk away.

"Derek, please wait! I need to talk to you. Please." Ella tells me in a loud voice while coming behind me and holds my hand to stop me.

"What is it Ella? Don't you understand that I don't want to talk to you? Just go." I tell Ella with a serious look on my face and anger filled in my voice.

"Derek, can you please tell me what happened to you suddenly? We were doing fine yesterday so why are you behaving so rudely with me today? Please be clear about it Derek." I tell Derek in a pleading tone with tears in my eyes.

"Okay, Ella. You want me to be clear right. So, let me show you something. What is this huh?." I tell Ella with an annoying look on my face while showing her the video from my phone which I transferred from my laptop.

"How could you do this with me Ella? You were seriously just dating me to get famous in school? Are you really serious about it? I loved you from my heart damn it! How could you just betray me?." I tell Ella in a loud voice with a sad look on my face.

"Derek, I didn't say all this? Do you really think that I would date you to get popular? Don't you think its vague? I never liked popularity or being famous Derek. How can you believe all this Derek? Come on, you know me very well right? So, please don't trust all this. Derek, I still love you. Please don't do this with me." Ella tells me with an upset look on her face and in a surprising tone.