Chapter 16

Derek's P.O.V

Entering the house I just sit on my couch with a shocking look on my face and my head cupped in my hands. I shrug and I can't understand things that are happening around me. I feel so 'HEARTBROKEN' because I never even imagined Veronica would change so much. Its like I never knew her and now she is showing me her real and true colors. Ugh. I groan so loudly and in anger. My heart is getting heavy and I am not able to take so much pain.
What should I do? Should I keep my self respect aside and go to her and apologize? I think its her who should apologize because she created scene at school. But no, instead its really surprising to see Veronica so happy even after I broke up with her. I didn't imagine something like this EVER.

I get up from my couch and go to my bedroom. I remove my clothes and throw them on the bed and decide to take a hot shower.

While taking the shower, I remember all the things me and Veronica did together. Our fights, our hangouts, kisses, makeouts, her touch all over my body, and all other things that were just beautiful. While closing my eyes I can literally see Veronica in front of me with a bright smile on her face whenever she used to see me at school. Its like I cannot remove her from my mind, its her everywhere. I really cannot understand why did she have to ruin our relationship that was going on so smoothly. I am so mad at her right now.

Ugh. I cannot control my anger and I bang my fists on the wall and it starts to bleed. Ouch, it hurts. But this pain is nothing. I feel numb inside and my heart has been broken into million pieces. I can't live without her and the thought of it is killing me.

After taking a shower, I wrap a towel around my waist and walk out of the washroom and straight towards my wardrobe. I choose to wear a black color t-shirt and grey color jersey shorts. After changing my clothes into something comfortable I decide to watch a movie on television so that I can take my mind off Veronica.
I sit on the couch in the living room and watch a comedy drama named 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' which is already airing on television.

While watching the movie, I still can't forget her and she is everywhere around me. Ahh! Such a mess. I really can't seem to remove her from my mind. What is really happening with me?.
I keep my television on and go to my bedroom and try and lay down on my bed for sometime. I take a nap for an hour.

After waking up I still feel miserable and broken from inside completely. There's a rage and frustration which is gripping all over my body and I am not able to get rid of it.
I get out of my bed and go to the kitchen and open a bottle of alcohol because this is the only thing that is going to help me forget her atleast for sometime because I really want to feel better. In no time, I drink one, two and almost completed the third one and I still feel that sadness and Veronica is still stuck in my head.
I know, I should stop drinking because it isn't good to drink so much but I need to forget her. Ugh.

I dial Ella's number and she picks up the call in few seconds.

"Hey, Ella. Can you come over to my place? I really need someone with me right now. I am not doing good." I tell Ella with a low voice and with a depressing look on my face.

"Hey, Derek. Why are you sounding so low? Just hold on okay. Ill come at your place in sometime, I'll get ready and come okay. Take care of yourself." Ella replied with concern in her voice.

"Yeah, Ella. Come soon." I replied while sighing.

"Yeah, see you. Bye." Ella replied.

And I hung up the call.

In sometime.

There's a knock on the door, I guess its Ella and I should go and open the door.

"Hey, Ella. Come on in." I tell her with a smile and sit on my couch.