Chapter 19

Ella's P.O.V

"Hey, mom. I am home, where are you?." I ask my mom while entering the house and in a loud voice but in a polite way.

"Ella, dear I am here. Remove your shoes and come sit with me in the living room." Mom replied while she was watching a drama which is already airing on television.

"Yeah, mom. I am coming. Just a minute." I say while keeping my shoes in the shoe rack and I walk towards the living room.

Before taking a seat on the sofa, I give my mom a big squishy hug and give her a kiss on her cheeks.

"Ella, honey. It is so good to see you so happy. Always keep smiling. How was your day at school today? And why did you come home so late?." My mom asks me with concern in her voice.

"Mom, my day was lovely. It went pretty well. I came home late today because me and my school friends went to the fun fair so I got caught up in it and I didn't see the time." I tell my mom with a scared look on my face.

"Oh, that is wonderful! Don't be afraid my dear. I am glad you took a day off and decided to enjoy yourself. Don't worry, I am not mad at you." Mom replied with a smile on her face. "Also, are you feeling hungry? Do you want something to eat?." Mom asks me with care in her voice.

"No, mom. I am already full, I had some snacks. Ill go up to my room amd freshen up okay. And then I'll start studying. See you at dinner." I tell my mom with a smile on my face and waved her goodbye.

"Okay, Ella. Let me know if you need anything. Study hard okay." Mom replied while chuckling.

"Yeah." I replied.

I go upstairs to my room and freshen up. I change my clothes into something comfortable and I decided to wear a light blue colored shorts with white printed hearts on it and dark pink color t-shirt.

I lay down on my bed for sometime and I can't really forget about today. Starting from entering the fun fair till the end it was totally worth it and so much fun. I am so happy because I agreed with Derek and we went out.
I still remember the way Derek made me feel when he held my hand and especially tighter when in public. I felt safe and protected with him. Derek is really a gem because he really knows how to take care of his girl. I am glad that I am dating Derek all thanks to Veronica.

Afterwards, I scrolled through my phone and saw our pictures that we had taken when we were eating our icecream. Haha, they are so funny. I think about it and laugh.

Thinking about Veronica, I sometimes feel anxious. What if she gets in our way again? What if she manages to manipulate Derek into dating her again? Ugh. I really don't want to lose Derek, I want him to be mine forever. But, I'll leave everything on my destiny for now and I am not going to worry about things much.

I get out of my bed and sit on my study table and start studying.

After sometime.

My phone starts ringing and I check my phone to see its Lily. I picked up the call immediately.

"Hey, Lily. What are you doing girl?." I ask Lily with a smile on my face. "I am doing well Ella. How are you doing?." Lily asks me with concern in her voice.

"I am good too. So, how was your day today at school?." I ask Lily with curiosity in my voice.

"It was pretty good though. By the way, where were you the whole day? I called you sometimes back but you didn't answer the call. I got so worried that's why I called you right now." Lily asks me with worry in her voice.

"Lily, don't worry about me so much. I am doing well. By the way, I want to tell you something. Hehe. I was going to tell you at school tomorrow but since you called me I'll tell you now." I tell Lily while giggling.