Chapter 9

Ella's P.O.V

Lying down on my bed, I just can't figure out what happened to Paul. Everything was just so perfect and went smoothly. Indeed we spent a great time together but all of a sudden everything just changed and turned up side down.
I just toss and turn from one side to another as I am having difficulty in sleeping. I just check my phone again and again but there is no text or call from Paul though I left him some messages. Ugh. I just can't understand what is going on.

I try and sleep so I just take a nap and wake up again and its 2'o clock in the morning. I check my phone again but no there is nothing.
I can feel that sadness has taken over my entire body and I cry myself to sleep until I wake up and its 6 in the morning. Aah! My head is paining so badly. I feel sad about it and there is this emptiness inside me that I can't explain it to myself.
I know its crazy to feel so much for someone who just entered your life but I can't help it. I think I was really falling in love with him because he made me happier day by day until what happened last night between us.

I remember Paul going to school early every friday just to practice football so I decide to go to school early than usual just to talk to him and sort everything out with him.

I get up from my bed and go to the washroom hurryly take a shower and freshen up. I just pick up some random clothes from my wardrobe and get ready for school. While getting ready I again check my phone but there are no replies or calls. Ugh. Oh god!.

I get down from my room and leave the house until my Mom calls out my name.

"Ella, dear. Where are you going so early in the morning? Don't you want to have breakfast?." She asks with a concerned look on her face.

"Mom, I am going to school early today because there is some work left regarding my projects so I'll complete it before the submission. No, Mom I dont want to have breakfast today." I tell her while leaving the house and shutting the door behind me.

"Ellaaaa. WAIT." She shouts my name loudly before I shut the door.

On my way to school I feel really sad about lying to my mom because I have never lied to her before. I feel really terrible about it. Also, I don't like how I behaved with her today.

I think I owe her an apology. Ill apologize to her once I sort things out with Paul.

I call Veronica several times because I want her to come to school early today so that I can discuss with her about what happened last night and take her opinion about what should I do. Aah! But she isn't answering any calls maybe she is still sleeping. Nevermind.

Suddenly I get a thought about Lily in my mind and I dial her number.

She answers the call in few seconds.

"Hey, Lily. How are you doing? What are you doing at this hour?. Aren't you sleeping?." I ask her in a concerning tone just to make sure that I didn't disturb her.

"Hey, Ella. I am doing good. What about you? Eh, I am just cleaning my room and doing some housework. Don't worry I wake up around 5:30 in the morning every day. So its not new for me. What is up with you?." She says in a jolly tone.

"Oh okay, Lily I am doing good too. Its just that I wanted to take opinion on something important so that is why I called you at this time. I tell her in a sad voice.

"What is it Ella?. Is everything okay?. Yes please, you can ask me about anything don't worry I'll give you the best advice so that it can help you." She says with worry in her voice.

So I explained everything to Lily about what happened between me and Paul last night.

"Oh god, Ella. Why are you worrying about it so much? I just think that something might've happened at his house regarding his family or close relatives. Don't push this topic much. When you go to school and meet him just ask him casually about last night and he will tell you if he wants to. Guys are always like this, they keep you hanging if anything happens so don't think that you are the only reason why he behaved so badly with you yesterday. There can be any reason. Dont worry okay. Just go and talk to him." She says in an encouraging tone.