Confession (10)

House of Memories - Panic! At The Disco

Good life - OneRepublic

Counting Stars - OneRepublic

If I lose Myself - OneRepublic

Song(s) of the Chap!! (in order) Please note that some parts of the lyrics have been changed for the sake of the story.

Note: I'm not that much of a OneRepublic/P!ATD fan. I like some of their songs, and I thought that the songs' lyrics fit quite well into the story.

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

Levi Pov

I hadn't known this before, but Lexi was quite good at dancing. In my opinion, anyway. Others probably saw her as a pretty woman flopping around in time to the music.

The contraption was quite... catchy. It had a unique sound that complimented the guitar well. Lexi's pick of songs that were upbeat but had lyrics with hidden meaning only helped the mood get better with every passing minute. The good food also helped.

"Woah, woah... Woah, woah..."

"If you're a lover, you should know; The lonely moments just get lonelier, the longer you're in love... Than if you were alone, memories turn into daydreams, become a taboo-"

"I don't want to be afraid, the deeper that I go, it takes my breath away... soft hearts electric souls; heart to heart and eyes to eyes, is this taboo? Baby we built this house on memories, take my picture now; shake it til you see it, and when your fantasies become your legacy, promise me a place- in your house of memories..."

Lexi smiled as our eyes met. For a moment, she seemed to be truly enjoying herself- with no burdens or worries to bear.

"Woke up in HQ yesterday, found myself in my room, near the door; don't really know how I got here, I got some memories in my mind; new names and faces that I don't know, address to rooms next door, day turns to night; night turns to whatever we want, we're young enough to say-"

"Oh, this has gotta be the good life, this has gotta be the good life, this could really be a good life, good life; I say oh, got this feeling that you can't fight, like this place is on fire tonight; this could really be a good life, a good, good life-"

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh..."

I prepared Lexi's coat and spare blankets. The night was cold. Many people were feeling tipsy and drunk now. Compared to others, I had little to no alcohol and the same went for Lexi.

"Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep, dreaming about the things that we could be; but baby, I've been, I've been praying hard, said no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars; yeah, we'll be counting stars... I see this life, like a swinging vine, swing my heart across the line, and in my face is flashing signs; seek it out and ye shall find-"

"Old, but I'm not that old, young, but I'm not that bold; and I don't think the world is sold, on just doing what we're told-"

"I feel something so right, doing the wrong thing... and I feel something so wrong, doing the right thing... I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie, everything that kills me makes me feel alive..."

I burned the happy scene into my mind, the people laughing and joking and eating as they danced to the music. Even Furlan and Isabel were having fun, the two dancing horribly as they bumped into people left and right. No one seemed to mind all that much, having too much fun to care.

"I woke up with the sun- Thought of all of the people, places, and things I've loved... I woke up just to see-- With all of the faces, you were the one next to me.... You can feel the light start to tremble, washing what you know out to sea, you can see your life out of the window tonight--"

"If I lose myself tonight, it'll be by your side; if I lose myself tonight... Yeah, yeah, yeah; If I lose myself tonight, it'll be you and I; lose myself toni-iight (Woo-ooh)"

"Take us down, and we keep trying; forty thousand feet, keep flying- take us down, and we keep trying, forty thousand feet, keep flying-"

I felt a hint of a smile come onto my lips as Lexi switched out with other soldiers who also wanted to sing, letting them take the makeshift stage at the front of the cafeteria. I could see Ron approaching Lexi from the corner of my eyes. Not today. I thought, quickly grabbing Lexi by the hand and dragging her out into the crowd.

"L-Levi?" She squeaked.

"Come. I want to take you somewhere."

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

I know, short chapter. But I wanted to end it here- for the sake of a cliffhanger.

There are also more chappies in this update so...

Comment cute nicknames that Levi could call Lexi (or vice versa)!! Because I have no idea. Levi calls people "brat" as a term of endearment and as an insult, but Lexi doesn't like name-calling...

Comment questions (if any)!!

Hope you liked it!

4/30/2021

2.4 pages, 860 words