* the alternate ending *

HELLO

a lot of people requested an alternate ending so here it goes

-

"dev...devon, you'll never believed what happened today! i was sitting in class and this cute ass guy came up to me and he had the cutest accent in the... wait. devon? oh my god!"

devon's eyes flickered open slowly as the blurry image of marina became clearer and clearer. "wh...what?" she muttered, feeling groggy as ever. she tried to lift up her arm when she noticed the iv and oxygen pump attached to her veins.

"can i get a doctor in here? she's awake! i repeat, the girl's awake!" marina screamed, pacing to the door and coming back to devon's side. "oh my god, dev, oh my god. oh my god oh my god i can't believe you're okay and you're awake i'm so happy i thought i'd never be able to talk to you again and - "

"what happened?" devon asked, sitting up. "am i dead?"

marina furrowed her eyebrows. "you were in a car accident. a really bad one, too. you were out in a coma for at least a week. you've got everyone worried sick about you; don't you ever do that again! and you're not dead. unless i'm dead too, but i don't remember dying." 

devon shook her head in disbelief. wasn't she supposed to be dead? where was michael? was he alive too? she decided to test her questions. "wait, where's michael?"

"who's michael?"

devon's blood ran cold. if she wasn't dead and michael was, then...

then she had dreamt the whole thing. then her thoughts had made up an imaginary boy named michael and she had fallen in love with someone who wasn't even real. for some reason, this made tears prickle the edges of her eyes and she willed for marina not to notice them.

"nobody, just some kid."

"well i'm just glad you're back. you're awake and you look great and everything's gonna be amazing! not even signs of a concussion, except for this michael kid you're talking about. did you have some crazy dream or what?"

devon nodded. "something like that."

and over the next few months, devon got better. much better, in fact. she returned to walking normally and all the bruises and scratches faded away from her skin, making her natural glow return. it had been three months, and no signs of a michael had come into her life. she started scolding her wishful imagination for developing such a wild relationship.

that is, until her parents practically forced her to go pick up a cake they ordered from a nearby bakery.

"do i have to?" she whined. "i'm still crippled. see, i can't even... wiggle my ears yet. you can't make me walk that far. there's not even a subway that connects to there and - "

"go," her mother sighed, and devon grumbled profanity before grabbing a light jacket and heading out the door.

everything was going just fine until she reached a busy street corner and was rudely bumped into. she caught herself just in time before she disastrously tumbled to the ground.

"watch where you're fucking - " she was interrupted at the sight of the boy's face. it was familiar, too familiar to her. this couldn't be possible. "wait, is your name michael, by any chance?"

the boy took out his earphones and eyes went wide in amazement as he gaped at her. "umm, yeah. do i know you? how do you know my name? are you stalking me or something?"

devon shook her head. "no, no. you just seemed really familiar, sorry. where are you headed to?"

michael blushed, shoving his hands further into his pockets. "this isn't the type of information i discuss with a complete stranger, but we wouldn't be strangers if we sat over a cup of coffee sometime?"

she couldn't stop the grin that spread across her face. "i'd love that."

and this, ladies and gentlemen, is how the tale of two sex addicts comes to fruition. they had their happy ending after all, and nobody quite knows how devon had seen him in her dreams. not even i know, dear reader, how this was possible. however, she saw it, and she finally had the love that she yearned for.

THE END

-

ARE YOU GUYS HAPPY NOW

okay happier ending because so many of you were sad i mean pleASE NOTE THAT THIS WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HOW IT ENDS BUT I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD BE NICE AND WRITE THIS SO YOU'RE WELCOME

have a lovely day!!! i love you!!! :--))