Chapter 13: A small break from chaos.

Just as my mother calmed down, a woman walked in with resemblance to Alice. I froze, remembering the pain Alice had caused me. However, unlike Alice, this person seemed older. Her eyes had a sullen, calmed look compared to Alice's malicious glint. She was wearing a doctor's outfit with several badges. On of the badges had the words "Dr. Vinschpinsilstein".

Dr. V: Time is up. I need to check the patient now.

My mother got up, still pretty shaky, but calm now, and left. The Dr walked up to me and checked a few of the machines. Then, she held my arm, looking and tracing her fingers around certain areas of the plaster. She reached a hand out.

The RHM (who had just been standing by the door) passed a scalpel to her. I backed away, wary of what would happen.

Dr. V: Oh you need to worry. I simply need to take the plaster off. You must've had quite an incedent, ya?

I nodded in agreement.

Dr. V: I am an ex-military surgeon well known for being able to replace parts of a human body with cybernetics. You're arm was quite a job and...well let's just say it was far gone. But the good news is that you now have a new arm.

I pressed my finger on the plaster and felt a hard metal surface. Looking up, I saw her holding the scalpel.

Dr. V: So you'll be excited to know that the plaster can come off.

She put the scalpel on the plaster. It sliced through almost seamlessly revealing the black metal plating of my new arm. I lifted it close to my face, suprised with how easy it was too move around. I mean, I could feel with the thing.

Dr. V: Well, how is it?

Hannah: It's great! Thanks for it.

Dr. V: Anytime. Anyways, you should head back to your room. RHM will escort you there.

She looked towards the RHM who, appeared to have lost focus. She walked over, clearly annoyed, and tapped on the mettalic side of his face. Immediatly, he jumped, like someone had attacked him.

RHM: Whu....what? Who's there?

Dr. V: Hold onto your top hat, it's only me. Anyways, you need to escort our young guest here, back to her room.

RHM: Right. Okay.

I walked through the door, following Right hand man. He appeared to not really be paying attention to much around him, only looking at a nearby fish hitting the glass casing of its aquarium.

Right hand man: You were quite the right mess if I have to say so myself. I mean, that arm of yours had quite the blood bath. Just like me.

Hannah: What do you mean?

Right hand man: Let's just say it has something to do with how I'm now a cyborg. A tussle, if you will. Involving me, your farther and a little skirmish.

Hannah: What was my dad like?

He paused for a moment. His face was deep in thought as he eventually gave an answer.

Right hand man: Pretty great guy when you were on his good side. Only once, and I mean once, did I see him in rage. Still, was a good fellow. Excellent when it came to brains and planning out heists and operations. Tactifully mastered. And somehow able to keep calm, even in the worst of times.

Hannah: Well, do you think that guy who was on the escape pod the other day could be him?

Right hand man: I mean, there is a good chance. We really do appreciate what he did to save you and Ellie. But, just to stay safe, we kept him in a testing chamber. Got quite the info about him. Refers to himself as "Progam 682" . And we've had tests of DNA, brain activity and stuff to see if it is him.

As we walked on, a toppat ran over in our direction, carrying a box of pens and paper, tripped up. The contents of the box flew everywhere.

Right: Carefull with those Dave!

Dave: Yes sorry sir. I'll be more carefull sir.

He began picking the stuff up, while we walked past. I thought about what the Right hand man had said about my dad. I hot so lost in thought that I ended up bumping into someone along the way.

Hannah: Oh sorry.

???: Hannah?

I look up and see it's none of then Austin. He was wearing a blue and green top hat and carrying some ammunition.

Hannah: Wait, you got recruited?

Austin: Well, I'm actually more a new part of the clan now. But yeah. I got recruited.

Hannah: How long was I out for?

Austin: Well, you and you're mother where gone for about 3-4 days. And then you were out cold for...a week...

I stared at him in disbelief.

Austin: And then the treatment for your arm began and...it kinda took about...2 months. In that time you were kept in a kind of artificial safety coma.

I looked at the Right hand man who simply nodded. I looked back at Austin in utter shock.

Austin: Well hey. At least you're back. Anyways, remember when you were about to be recruited?

Hannah: Oh yeah, I remember that.

Austin: Well, since the hat did go onto your hat for a brief moment, you have been a part of the clan. And since you couldn't fufill any of your duties I decided to take double shifts.

Hannah: Oh wow uhhh....thanks a lot.

Right: Ahem.

We both looked at him.

Right: If you're little meet up is done, you need to be in your room miss Rose.

Austin: Alright, bye Hannah. See you on Monday.

Hanbah: Bye Austin.

After some more walking, we reached the room. I went in, unsure of what to do. RHM presumably left, meaning I had to find some way to pass the time. I went over to my bed and reached under, grabbing the blue book that was my diary.

Grabbing a pen, I began writing down all the recent events that had happened to me, from the choices, to now. I ussually enjoyed writing in it as it allowed me to waste away the time and let my thoughts out. I still remembered when I got it from my dad.

Right now, I had no idea what would happen on the Monday I started work in the clan. But I was ready.