Chapter 19: A new plan

I began eating the pasta when I felt Austin tug at my arm. Looking over, I saw him looking behind me. I turned around, only to see a parade of drunk people, some holding bottles of vodka,

Austin: C'mon. You don't wanna be here when they start shit.

I was about to question what he meant, when a glass bottle hit the wall behind me. I walked over to the other side of the room, trying to avoid the objects that were being thrown. Both of us sat down at a far end table, now watching the chaos unwind. It appeared the crowd was in a mix between a brawl, a disco and a shuffle dance.

Daniel: Imagine being in the midst of that. Pretty rough.

Hannah: I would prefer to not think about it. Anyways, how much have they drunk for it to get this chaotic?

Daniel: Probably only a couple. A lot of ' em would've gotten caught up in the chaos.

As we watched, I noticed in the corner of my eye, Choice. He appeared to be sitting next to me, watching the chaos with interest. His eyes were wide, a grin spreading across his face: it couldn't be any clearer that he enjoyed this.

Choice: Look at that turmoil. Reminds me of back home.

I blinked and he dissapered.

Daniel: Alright, c'mon. We need to get out of here. With this much chaos, the higher ups are gonna storm in and shut the whole thing down. And that's a scene we both won't need to be in.

I followed his lead, weathing through the mess of overturned tables and piles of confetti. We made it to the exit, just as a table was thrown across the room. I saw choice, standing behind me, watching with great interest.

Me,Daniel and Choice all walked out of the room and down the hall to my room. We walked for what seemed like an hour, finally arrived at the room. Before I went in, I heard footsteps. I entered the room, just as Daniel closed the door. Choice fazed through the wall. Through a small hole in the door, I saw Daniel, looking into the eyes of the headphone guy.

Daniel: Oh. It's just you dad.

Charles: Daniel? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the party with Hannah?

Daniel: We were. It was just getting a bit...chaotic.

Charles: Great. I told everyone not to include heavy alcohol. Well, at least you got Hannah out of there. Where is she.

Daniel: Oh, she's in her room. Asleep.

Charles: Alright. When she wakes up tomorrow, tell her about the "plan". We're gonna need her to convince the toppats to help us out.

Daniel: Yeah...about that. I spoke to her about it earlier aaaand, she brought up how we kinda took her away from the clan and how it looks like we kidnapped her as the government. Sooo, convincing the toppats might be a bit..difficult.

Charles: I figured that would be the case. Let's hope she can help us convince them. Goodnight.

Daniel: Night dad.

I saw them embrace, before parting. Daniel's dad walked down the hall as Daniel stood still. I exited the room. 

Daniel: Oh, hey. Yeah, sooo...would you be loo-

Hannah: I heard.

Daniel: Oh.

I looked at him with an utter serious look.

Hannah: And I'd be willing to help.