3. Meeting Percy

Annabeth's POV

Sadly Black Widow doesn't leave.  In fact all of them stay to annoy Tony as far as I can tell.  However, before long I'm interested in the planning enough to ignore her, mostly.  I'm still very aware of where the spider is but I can stop glancing at her every three seconds to see if she's going to attack because of Arachne.  But as I observe her I can't see any signs that she's actually part spider.  I'll keep an eye on her but it looks like she just likes spiders, I don't get how.

And besides, the challenges of making a building all of the Avengers can live in is very interesting.  It's not going to be as hard as rebuilding Mount Olympus because they can actually stand each other and for the most part aren't literal Gods.  also from what I've heard about the Norse pantheon they're easier to deal with than mine.  Of course part of that might be because they seem to be much more limited in power and are allowed to do more because of that.   Also I haven't heard anything about demigods from their world, except for their extended lifespans and magic, they're basically humans.  "What's all this space for?" Tony says pointing at part of the diagram we're building.

I squint at what he's pointing at.  "Oh right.  Considering how often there's people in the vents here I left space for extra big vents so that it would be more comfortable and easier to bring Steve or Thor through them if you need to use them to prepare for a sneak attack for some reason."

"...that's smart, but why do you think we'll be attacked?" Tony asks.

Is he serious?  Apparently yes.  "Considering your track record I wouldn't be surprised for another attack and it's better to have a plan you don't need rather than need a plan and have no idea what's going on."

"True.  how'd you find that out?"

What should I tell him?  I'm not going to expose our world to them but I have to explain everything away.  What do I know about Stark?  He hacks everything and looks up people's background.  "Am I correct in assuming you've looked through my boyfriend's record?"

"Are you reading my mind?" Tony says looking scared.

"No, I'm just really good at understanding what people are thinking by reading their faces.  I also looked you up before I applied for the job to make sure I could handle working with you."

"Why did you look him up?" says Natasha.

"I'm sure you've heard about his reputation as a playboy.  I wanted to make sure he'd be able to stay on topic and wouldn't be a creep or anything.  Besides he could have been a bad fit for me in other ways and this way I could calculate how hard it would be."

"Smart." she says approvingly.  Of course it's smart, my mother is the literal Goddess of Wisdom.

"Anyways he's got an unfortunate ability to get in trouble so it's my job to explain everything and leave time in our travel plans for him to set off a cannon or whatever."

"When did you meet Tony?" Clint says with confusion.

"What?  No, I'm talking about my boyfriend."

"Right.  Can we meet him?" Bucky asks.

"Sure, do you want me to text him and ask him to come up?"

"That would be wonderful."  Steve says so I grab out my phone.  After the whole Arachne thing my mother got Daedalus' computer back for me as a thank you gift and Leo used it to figure out how to make demigod phones and promptly named them Leo phones.  Everyone rolled their eyes at him and named it a Hephaestus phone in honor of his father and the cabin as everyone had helped him.  Besides, no one could take him seriously when he was talking about Leo phones.  Not to mention how much it raised the chances of him being disintegrated or something.  I go to Percy and tell him to come to the ground floor and ask for me by name and tell whoever's there that I'm working on building the compound with the Avengers, and to tell them his name if they ask.  And not one of his silly nicknames from Leo or anything because it would be just like us for him to get arrested for trying to break in because he told them he was PJ or something.