30. Epilogue

Steve's POV

"It's beautiful," I say looking at our new home. It felt like it took ages to make it, but what I'm seeing now was totally worth it. It took even longer when Annabeth had to redraw her plans to prepare for Bucky and I to adopt, but this was simpler, cheaper, and better for the environment to change now. Also it means we won't get put on a waitlist to get Annabeth to change her design because she's clearly going to do well, even if her mother doesn't interfere.

"It is stunning," Thor says. "Lady Annabeth, you have clearly outdone yourself this time. I no longer wonder why your Gods chose you to redesign Mount Olympus. But I must ask, how opposed would you be to doing a project on Asgard."

"I need to study right now, but once exams are over I should be able to help out in the summer assuming the Greek and Roman world behaves."

"We're still in our year, so theoretically we won't be needed," Percy says. "And if we are, I assume Thor here can bring us back."

"Of course, I would not keep you away from the fighting." he says enthusiastically. "Is that a yes?"

"Yes. I won't be able to put it on my resume, but it should still help as I need practice. Besides, building the new Avengers headquarters is enough to put me apart from everyone else as I have proof of the type of work I can do. Not to mention the name dropping that creates."

"Trust me, I had my doubts about hiring a teen, but you don't need any practice, or even school. This...this is inspirational," Tony says as he comes up behind her and tries to put an arm around her shoulders, but can't as Percy has already done so.

"You're all too kind," she says, blushing.

"No Annabeth, you're simply amazing," Percy says and goes for a kiss but is interrupted by an owl showing up between them. He immediately lets go of Annabeth like she's turned burning hot and scrambles backwards.

I only have a moment to stare before the owl shifts into a beautiful woman who shares Annabeth's eyes. "Hello mother," she says.

"Well done, my daughter," the woman, who must be Athena, says, ignoring the way she got in between the dating pair.

"Hello Athena," percy says, confirming my guess.

"Percy," she says with a note of distaste in her voice. "So you are still dating the sea scum?" Athena turns back to Annabeth who doesn't flinch.

"As I've told you, he is my boyfriend and will always be."

"Not for too long," Tony chuckles and I make a motion to tell him to stop, but I'm too late.

"And why is that?"

"They're perfect for each other, so they'll obviously be getting married soon," Tony continues and Athena turns to Percy, bursting into flames. I would've looked for a fire extinguisher, but she seems perfectly fine and she is a Greek Goddess after all.

"Hades, Nico, dad, HELP!" Percy shouts and vanishes into the shadows just before Athena's fireball hits.

"Mother!" Annabeth sounds scandalized.

"I do not want you marrying that...that sea scum!"

"I thought we were past this," Annabeth mutters, luckily her mother appears to not notice.

"I'm sorry for the unpleasantness, today is supposed to be about you." Athena says after she takes a deep breath and the fire goes out. "I just wanted to say congratulations, but I must go now."

"Promise you won't kill Percy?" Annabeth asks as she grabs her mom.

Athena sighs, "fine, as long as he stays out of my way."

"Thank you mother," Annabeth says as she steps back before turning to us. "Make sure you look away as she leaves, Thor might not have to but it's better to not take chances, he's Norse not Greek after all."

"Goodbye," Athena says and we all look away as there's a huge burst of light.

"Hades, Nico, Poseidon, can I have my boyfriend back please?" Annabeth says and there's a short wait before the shadows spit out Percy, looking worse for the wear.

"Is it safe for me to be here?" Percy asks nervously.

"Yeah, my mother promised not to kill you as long as you stay out of her way, but keep an eye out for owls."

"Thank you," he says and moves to kiss her before halting, probably worried about Athena. I can't really blame him, she was really scary.  "Anyways, you did a great job."

"Yeah," Clint says as we turn back to our new home. Natasha didn't say anything, but we can all see the tears in her eyes and the way she's choking back her sobs. And that is the best way she could show how much she loves it.

"Well we should get back to the city," Annabeth says and they turn to go back to the car they borrowed from Nico, which has a rather strange driver.

"Let's go home," Bucky says as he takes my hand and I don't stop the tears as I nod. For the first time since the ice, I have a home that was built for me, and soon we'll have our perfect child to live here with us.

A/N that's the end. But, I've decided that I will be continuing the series (kinda) as you may have noticed.

The next book will have an OC but before you freak out I've figured out some limits on their powers. Or it's possible I'm just going to grab some obscure superhero by accident, if I do I guess it won't be an OC. That story is currently planned to focus more on Peter and the OC, along with Steve and Bucky's search for a child. I don't really know where it's going yet, but I can see the characters.

It might also have something about Annabeth and Percy in Asgard but I make no promises, I'm just saying it might show up.

The first part might be up today I don't know. I wanted to start it yesterday but I had homework and I had to finish this story first. (I really think part of me was just really tired of writing this, because I got really excited about being done with it and I want to write the next story in a way I didn't want to write this.)

I hope you guys had fun reading.