18. Aftershocks

Bucky's POV

After a while the demigods say they have to go, and leave with Rachel. As funny as it was to watch them get used to the Greco-Roman world, this has the potential to be even more interesting, as they won't be censoring themselves. It's kinda funny seeing Steve's face when Tony starts swearing, as he didn't want to really swear in front of the teens. I mean sure, he swore some, this is Tony after all, but now his filter, small as it is, is gone. After spluttering for a minute Steve manages to find his voice. Part of me wants to see how long Tony could keep it up, but we do have things to do, so I don't interfere when Steve tells Tony to stop before turning to everyone else. "How are you guys handling this?"

"Our architect is half god and has fought in multiple wars alongside her boyfriend and some other teenagers, and you think we'll handle it?" Bruce says incredulously.

"He was just checking on you guys." I point out before hearing a quiet gasp. I spin around but it's only a very shocked Peter.

"What do you mean half god?"

Right, no one else knows. "You should sit down." I say and he moves over a bench warily. "Annabeth isn't fully human, she, and most of her friends are half Greek or Roman god."

Peter blinks before smiling, "ha ha, very funny. Now what were you really talking about or was it all a trick?"

"He's telling the truth." Tony says, "it's why your Peter tingle keeps going off around her, Arachne, the first spider really hates Annabeth in particular, and your spider half can sense that hatred. It can also affect other spiders, so half of you artificially hates her for being born and not wanting to get killed."

He stares at us. "Are you serious?"

"Well look at the rest of this team, is it really that unbelievable?" Natasha points out.

"Why didn't they help out before?" Peter sounds slightly mad at the idea that they didn't use their abilities to help out, but he's clearly trying to understand why.

"They were dealing with their own problems, they've had two wars since Nico ran away from us." Steve explains.

"Technically they were in the middle of the first when he left," I say, and receive several glares in return.

"Why didn't we know?"

"He wasn't allowed to tell us, and he wasn't about to risk getting disintegrated to tell us, and he would've had a hard time proving it." Steve explains gently to try and avoid scaring Peter.

"How did they do it?"

"They showed us some of their abilities." Bruce says.

"Why is Clint so quiet?" Peter asks, concerned.

"I'm...I'm part god."

"What?" Peter looks absolutely flabbergasted at the idea, far more than the idea that those gods exist. "How did you not know before? How did you find out?"

"I didn't know because I never questioned who my missing grandfather was, I thought all the secrecy was because they weren't married, but it appears I was wrong. And I found out when they told us."

"What do we do now?" Steve asks.

"We need to tell Fury." Natasha says and Clint nods, although he looks a little hesitant, probably because that means telling Fury about his family.

"We can't tell anyone, or they could get hurt." I say weary of this argument from how often Steve has wanted to tell someone to help keep Nico and the others safe.

"How can we let this happen without telling anyone? We're supposed to protect people, and these kids need help." Tony sided with Steve, which is a bit of a problem considering how well Steve worked with Tony's dad back in the war.