26. The junkyard

Percy's POV

"This is such a bad idea." I say.

"Relax, it'll be fine. I did the calculations, and Tony is watching in case I missed anything." I know my wisegirl must be right, but I'm still worried. Being here again is dangerous, and I can't lose her.

"Everything will be fine," Bruce says as he puts a hand on my shoulder. I didn't expect any of them to be with us, but usually he stays back in case the Hulk is needed. It does make sense as he causes the most damage. And, as Annabeth reminded me, he is a doctor. Considering this lot, it's not surprising that they like having a doctor, although it seems like it would be more reasonable to just hire "that kind" of doctor, as Bruce constantly reminds us he isn't. And Tony can definitely afford to pay them. But, maybe they're like traditional heroes, too worried about looking cool to remember the actually useful things.

Actually, it's not just traditional heroes who act like that, I usually don't know anything important. However, unlike Hercules or the rest of them, I have my Wise girl to remember everything for me, and learn it in the first place.

"Tony has started the robots, so far no problems," Bruce reports after listening to his earpiece for a moment.

What robots? Oh right. "That's great, but they haven't grabbed the metal yet," I pull Annabeth close, as though that will protect us all. Although, she is what matters most so maybe it was the smart thing to do. And considering that Athena has finally moved past her killing me phase, along with her total and obvious disapproval stage, dying now would be really annoying because then I wouldn't get to see how stunning Annabeth will look at our wedding.

"That is a crisis point," Annabeth says and I stare. Please don't tell me she's figured out how to read minds, that would just be so embarrassing. "But the fact that they have entered the graveyard is also important. That was our first anticipated crisis due to Greek interference, and it's good to know we're still on schedule." thank the Gods, she was responding to my words, not my thoughts.

"The first robot has managed to pick up a rather large piece of metal, and is now attempting to carry it to the transporting robot." Bruce reports. Then he scowls.

"What is it?" Annabeth asks.

"Tony wants to know what happens when the wind moves stuff."

She sighs. "Please remind him that, as I told him before, the winds are controlled by the Gods of the Winds, along with a few others, and the nymphs. They know better than to mess with the junkyard and anyways they are Gods. they aren't affected as much as us mere mortals."

Bruce repeats her words and waits for Tony's response. "He says that is not fair."

"Well tell him life isn't fair," I say bitterly. Annabeth looks up and I kiss her forehead in reassurance.

"Natasha says that Tony should stop whining and focus."

I keep one ear on them, but look around. Something feels off, but I'm not sure what. "Percy?" Annabeth asks.

I shake my head. "I don't have any reason, it just feels like something is happening, like the Fates are watching us."

"That's so new for us, how will we ever survive?" Annabeth jokes, but I can see her hand sliding down to her knife.

Bob gave her one of Drakon bones, I wonder, would that be another way to get extra weapons? What if Tony could figure out a way to artificially..."is it possible to create bones in a lab?" I ask and Bruce looks at me strangely. I guess it is a strange question and that was what Annabeth would call a not sequin, no a non sequitur, to the conversation.