7. Dinner

Nico's POV

Maybe I should've tried to get stabbed at capture the flag.  I know it would only be putting off the inevitable but I don't want to have to talk to Will about what happened with the Avengers and I don't want to talk to them either.  It was nice when I stayed with them but it's been years and things are different now.  I've got a boyfriend, and I'm not that angry, naive little boy any more.  They are a part of my life that belongs firmly in the past, just like Minos.  I might've been able to slither out of talking to them if it was Percy, although he is a bit overprotective although nothing like Reyna, but with Annabeth here there's no way out.  And even if I did wipe her memory or something I'd still have to deal with Will.

Actually I did the right thing in not getting stabbed.  If I had been, Will would've freaked out about me and might've started to question why I wanted to be in the infirmary when everyone knows I hate the place even when he's there.  Besides he would've used the chance to force me to get another shot or something.  And if Reyna had heard she would've tried to get me banned from capture the flag or something unless I could convince her I was fine first, which I somewhat doubt so this is for the best.  But still, now I'm in the tower and Annabeth's going to end up bringing me with ehr to meet them.  Of course I'm sure they already know I'm here, once they knew I knew Annabeth and Percy I'm pretty sure Tony put them under some sort of surveillance to see if I would show up.  Maybe I should just get this over with, after all I did leave in a rather suspicious manner.  I'm just lucky the Romans hate technology as much as the Greeks.  "Eat your vegetables." Will says sternly and I look up at him.

"No."

"Nico." he says and waves his fork threateningly.

"I don't like them," I say and cross my arms.  I know I shouldn't be pouting like a child but it's easy with Will and I really don't want any vegetables tonight.

"Eat them or else." he says.  I make sure he's not bluffing before sighing loudly and taking a bite.

"There, I ate them."

"No, you ate some.  You need to eat all of them." 

"No."  he glares at me but I'll outlast him.  If I can survive Tartarus I can beat Will's will.

"Good." he says when I drop my eyes and take another bite.

"How did you do that?" Percy says, eyes wide open.  "Can you teach me?"

"Sorry, no.  It's a special weakness I can exploit and you...well you're not his type."

"Stop bringing that up!  I never should've told you." I say and push my plate away.

"And I'm everyone's type!" Percy protests.  Annabeth just looks at Will with her exasperated face.  Usually I'd be running for cover but it's because of Percy not because of another prank war or something so I'm fine.  Besides I've got Will, and he'll save me if she gets mad.

"Anyways, we should probably get going." I say and cover my plate with my napkin.

"No, eat your vegetables." Will says sternly.

"No!  I will be free!" I say and try to run off but I have to pause to push my chair in because I'm kinda trapped in the corner.  By the time I'm out Annabeth is blocking my escape route and Will's looking at me with gooey eyes.  "Stop that!"

"So cute," he says, refusing to stop.

"Nico, you need to eat your vegetables.  If you don't I'll have to tell Reyna you aren't eating healthy."

"How could you bring Reyna into this Annabeth?"

"Because I want you to be safe just like everyone else and if you don't eat healthy you'll blow away."