14. Listening in

Bruce's POV

When Peter told us he was going to reveal himself to Annabeth and Percy everyone tried to talk him out of it, but he was determined and ran off before we could stop him.  So we just did the next best thing and pulled up the security camera footage to watch like he'd asked us to.  This way he had backup if things went wrong, but there was no one else in the room.  By the time Tony got the footage up Peter wasn't in the room yet.  "Shh," he says, despite the fact that no one was talking and the sound system was excellent, just like everything else in the tower.

"What does he mean about falling?" Natasha asks Clint quietly.

"I'm not sure," he admits, just as quietly.  "But I think the mystery 'she' is Annabeth's mom."

"Yeah, as Percy mentioned his parents.  But isn't she the one we have no information on?" Natasha says.

"Yeah, like Percy's bio dad." Tony says without looking away from the screen displaying the kitchen.

"Didn't your contacts turn up anything?" Clint asks in surprise.

"Nothing, are you saying you're clueless as well?" says Natasha.

"This is impossible.  If we can't find it out, who are they?"

"I really think we need to talk to Thor." I say.  Despite it being a bit impolite to investigate them like this, I'm really interested in the pair of them, along with how Nico is involved.

"Yeah, but Point Break isn't responding," says Clint, annoyed.

"What's the point of having a God and two super spies on your team if you can't find two random people?"

"And what's the point of having a billionaire if he can't pay someone to get the information," Clint shoots back.

"Well considering how well you did at finding it out I doubt I could get very good information by throwing money at it.  You guys know how it works, and you didn't ask for any more money."

"He's got a point," says Natasha, putting an arm on Clint's shoulder to prevent him from whatever he was going to say.  "But right now, I'm leaning towards the explanation that they aren't from Earth.  But if that is true, where are they from?"

"I'm still not sure about that," Clint says with a frown, "considering how obvious the bifrost is I'm pretty sure we would've noticed aliens coming to Earth and having babies."

"Maybe, but the oddities around Annabeth's birth certificate do suggest her mother either didn't want to, or couldn't risk going to a hospital, even for giving birth." Natasha continues her argument, like they've said this a dozen times.  Knowing them that sounds pretty sensible, as they often present their findings in perfect unison.  "Besides, considering the two Asgardians we've had on Earth are Thor and Loki, the others may be more discreet."

"They have access to the best of Asgardian technology and magic." I point out.  Maybe there are better ways to Earth, but as the sons of the king those two would know about them, and there's no reason for Thor not to use one, although Loki may have been unable to get his hands on some parts while he was presumed dead.

"Maybe, but you've met them.  Loki wanted everyone to know he was there, and Thor...how do I put this delicately?  Thor is bad at anything that isn't a full frontal assault."

"Maybe, but I still think the idea that aliens have been coming to Earth and breeding with humans, then vanishing and leaving behind half breeds sounds like some sort of bad sci-fi movie or one of those crazy conspiracy theories people are always coming up with." Clint looks confident in his belief, but I have to admit that they both made very good points.