19. the twins

Wanda's POV

When Captain America showed up in full armor with his shield I knew our day had taken a sudden turn, probably for the worse. Pietro was getting groceries, so I needed to stall, otherwise I'd lose, after all I'm good but I can't fight the Avengers alone. "What do you want?" I ask because he's clearly recognized me, and there's no other reason for him to be in the area.

"Relax. How about I put down the shield and you stop doing whatever you're doing with your hands." He offers, like that's an equal deal.

"I'm not about to do that when you've got snipers watching." Even if I gathered the energy subconsciously I'm not about to let it go in front of him.

"How did you find out?" he asks.

"I wasn't born yesterday."

"True, I guess...I'm still not used to this kind of fighting."

"You've fought in a war and your current job is fighting aliens and their ilk."

He nods, "yes, but that's more...direct. They attack and we respond, there's a difference between that and searching someone out to talk."

"Why do you want to talk?" Normally I wouldn't believe that but he's internationally known for being terrible at lying, and he looks like he's telling the truth. Besides, even if he isn't, it will make my stalling less suspicious.

"It's Nico."

"Di Angelo?"

"Yeah. I don't know what you know but we only recently got back in contact after he left, after getting Tony back. He recently told us...well something...it's unbelievable. We were hoping you had some more information."

My eyes widen. They all know about the gods. "Come in, we're not talking about this in public. But leave the shield, I still don't trust you."

"Okay, but please don't kidnap me."

"I make no promises, but that isn't my plan at the moment."

He tilts his head for a second. "Makes sense."

"So what happened and what does everyone know?" I ask once we're settled into the living room. Even if he is my enemy I'm not going to be a bad host, so he's got a cup of tea, although he's not drinking it. It makes sense, I did consider putting something in but that would be rude and pointless, if I really needed to knock him out I have magic. Besides, I didn't have anything for knocking people out.

"Bucky and I found out before Nico left permanently." he looks at me, "you heard about Bucky I presume?"

"Yes. he wasn't exactly inconspicuous, and we had a special interest in everything."

"Yes. Well, Nico got permission to tell us and only us. We didn't want to keep it a secret from everyone but..." he trails off, because how do you explain that there are Greek Gods that will kill you if you say the wrong thing, particularly if you're a christain. I nod and he continues. "Anyways, recently Tony hired an architect, she was really young but looked like a genius and if it was terrible he can easily afford to pay someone else, so he gave her a try. Her name was Annabeth Chase, and knew Nico. One thing led to another and eventually everyone else found out. After a few meetings we thought contacting you would be our best chance of finding out more information, as the demigods aren't able, willing, or are just too busy to talk about everything more, and even with the new phones they don't like spending a ton of time on the internet."

"New phones?"

He blushes. "I don't think I was supposed to tell you that. One of the demigods figured out how to make a phone that wouldn't attract monsters, so a couple of them have phones. They're making more but it's taking a long time and Annabeth refuses to even consider the mechanic being in the same building as Tony, let alone talk to him so we can't really help speed up the process. To be honest, I am not sure that it would be a good idea if we could, phones do make people have less face to face contact sometimes."