The One I Do Not Know

There was nothing she could say.
Mikasa had gone silent. She stared at the cloth in her hands floating in the cold, now red water. Her mind remained blank.

There was no recollection of what she was feeling. It all happened so fast. Armin reaching across the table, about to attack the person who had said words Mikasa never thought she'd here. Seeing as her body moved on its own to restrain Armin.

And then watching the two fight each other, completely out of character from the friends she knew so well.
Mikasa let out a slight chuckle. Her eyes filled with a horrified look, but her lips turned upward into a grin. Her lips then dropped realizing the shock she was in and she quickly placed the back of her wrist against her mouth.

*wince*
Mikasa's attention was brought to the blonde sitting down behind her wincing at the pain from multiple punches that seemed to get to him. The adrenaline rush had begun to leave his body.

Quickly, Mikasa squeezed the cloth above the bowl with bloody water and turned around to continue cleaning up Armin's face. She remained silent with a guilty face on.
Armin noticed. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out as he was too, in shock. He attempted to push the words out.

"Mikasa this isn't your fault. You were caught off guard, in shock....I wouldn't have expected you to stop Eren from harming me in that moment."
He said, looking at her, waiting for her eyes to meet his.
Mikasa stopped dabbing his face and slowly met the pair of ocean eyes.
Their stares held. It meant more than words could in that moment. The warmth they gave. It reminded each other  that this incident could never affect the bond they shared.
Armin would never hold her accountable with the situation they were in. He knew that if different words had been exchanged, she would've defended him in an instant.
Mikasa broke eye contact, turned away and tossed the blood soaked cloth back into the bowl.

"I need some air." She stated, as she quickly stirred off. Her presence in that room was now a ghost, leaving it shivery for Armin to sit, arms resting in knees as he stared the floor down.

———————————————————————————

Eren stood in the shadows of an alley. He made the choice to take his time and hang around until it was safe to go and find Zeke.  Eren was aware that his betrayal drew a massive target on his back. It was best for him to remain in the background anywhere he went. He wasn't too far from where he had fought Armin.

Besides, Eren had thousands of thoughts surging through him. He needed to think.
Aggravatingly looking down while leaned up against a wall, he replayed everything that had happened in his mind.
He placed his hand on the side of his face Armin landed his strike.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps and leaned his body against the wall flat, holding still to avoid being seen. The figure walked passed the alley where Eren had been holding his breath in. Eren waited a few minutes and finally relaxed in relief of not being seen, observing the back of person who'd just went by.
Immediately Eren recognized the scarlet scarf and raven hair moving further and further away from him now.
His eyebrows furrowed as he squinted his eyes a bit to see clearer which way she was going. He looked at his surroundings. No one was around, the sky was casted with darkness so he followed.

So....here's the update. If I'm being honest, I'm bad at remembering exact dialogue and scenes after big moments of any show, so I hope you're all okay with my own twists and turns. This story is focused more around Eren and Mikasa so I figured it would be okay to change things to keep it at that. Lmk what you thought😁