Chapter 4- Memories

Mikasa POV
Walking to the meeting room. I'm following behind Eren.
Hange in front of him.
I find myself staring at his broad shoulders.
Dark brown hair.
I can see that his shirt is just tight enough for me to see the muscle he's gotten recently.
I can't help but look.

We stop walking. And my focus is interrupted by Eren grabbing my attention with his beautiful eyes. Most of the time, they're a vibrant real.
Other times they're a shining emerald green. When I focus on his eyes, I lose my focus altogether on everything else. Those eyes.

"Mikasa, come." Eren snaps me back to reality, now making me realize I'm being waited on to sit down with the rest. Levi, Hange, Eren and Armin are already seated. I start walking, taking my seat.

"Okay, Eren I want you to tell everyone what you've told me." Says Levi.

I decide to look down. Just to make sure I don't go into my own thoughts again.
This conversation is important. Gotta remember that.

Eren begins. "Well I had another vision, through my father's memory. Although I think I was in the place beyond the walls. It looked like some kind of city.

I don't know what it meant though." He pauses, my eyes now looking up at him. Worried, I put my hand on his. He continues.

"I've had this happen before. When I kissed Historia's hand...I was able to see visions of my father and when he went to talk to the founding Titan. That's all I know."
Hange starts,

"I think it means we should be on guard."
We all nod in agreement.

"If that's all we know. There's nothing to act on at the moment. We don't know much about this land, so Hange is right. For now. We're in peace. Nothing to worry about for the time being. I ask that you all try to enjoy it while it's lasts." States Levi.

For the first time, that was good news to me. Whatever happens...for now we're all okay. I don't need to protect Eren. I can take a break and enjoy my time with him.

"Meeting dismissed."

We all stand and walk out the door. It's about the early after noon. I'm not exactly sure what to do. I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way though.

Lunch time I guess.
I walk back to find some of the others. I wonder what they're up to.
"Connie! You're going to mess up the bread!"

"Well, Jean I'm not a MASTER CHEF!"

"No no, roll the dough like this!"

"I've got it, I've got it!"

The two are arguing over how they're preparing the dough. What a stupid thing....
I feel myself smile.

Jean is trying to stop Connie from making even more mistakes.

"For the last time Connie! Do...." the dough falls onto the floor since the two were being so careless.

"CONNIE WHAT THE HELL!"

"I'm so sorry Jean! Oh shit Levi is gonna kill us!"
The two panic.
I chuckle to myself.
It's been a while.
Since...

Eren POV
I'm sitting down with Historia at one of the dining tables, separating nuts from the shells and putting them into separate bowls.

She's staying with us at the moment because she misses us a lot. She's usually at the capital, but she comes and stays now and then.
I'll admit, preparing food is one of my least favorite things. But it's still nice to see the entertainment that comes along with it.

For example, what's happening right now is just pure humor! It's nice to see it more.
Raven hair catches my eye and they trail to the door way where Mikasa is standing.
Perfect. She is. Even the way she stands is perfect.

Her  beautiful big, gray eyes,
her shoulder lengthened silky black hair,
her long, thick lashes.
She's so beautiful.

And she's done nothing but the best for me. How could I ever have treated her poorly?
Why would I do that? I'm so stupid sometimes....

My attention is obnoxiously disturbed as I see Historia's arm reach across my view and then...

*whoop*
She knocks a bowl of shells into the table.
It's not that I dislike Historia.

She's kind and she's done right by us all. But it's come to my attention she likes me more than I like her. That makes me a little uneasy.

I look at her. She looks really embarrassed.
I give a little laugh, trying to make her feel a little less embarrassed.
And we both start laughing together.

I may not like her the way she likes me, but it's good to see her. She saved my life and took her rightful place as the queen for everyone's sake.
She's a good person. And she's learned how to be who she wants without Ymir.
After my laughter slows down to a stop, I hear a creek and look up to see Mikasa's shoulder out the door.

She left?

Mikasa POV
I really wanted to like Historia but it's hard when she throws herself on Eren. She's the fucking queen!
I can't compete with that. He clearly likes her so maybe I should back off? Ugh I don't have time to think about that. I shake my head.
But I do want to. And this is why I don't like people very much.

Walking around, I pass a room with an open window.

I take a few steps back to see more of it. Levi is leaning on the window sill, drinking his favorite black tea while holding his cup in his famous bizarre way. I haven't fully acknowledged the fact that technically Levi is my family.
So I refuse to call him captain. I'm not sure how he feels about it. He's too much like me, hides away what he's really feeling. Eren and Armin won't be here forever.
That's why I need to get closer with Levi. It wouldn't make sense for us to not care about each other when we have no one left blood related to us. Not that we know of. I feel as though I should try.
Maybe it will make him more comfortable to try. Maybe that's what he's waiting for. I feel my feet start to slowly move towards him.

Before I know it, I'm leaning on the window right there next to him. He looks at me as if I've interrupted something. Knowing him I probably did.
I down at him. He is short after all.

"I think we should talk. About us. We're family after all." The words come out and his eyes widen just a tad.

Chapter 4 done! So I'm not exactly sure where the peaceful chapter will go as fillers before I move with the real reason why I started this story. So if have any requests feel free to comment!