Chapter 9- Peaceful or So I Thought

Eren POV
Finally we start approaching the wall. I look over at Mikasa and I glance at her wound. She's sweating, a little out of breath. Her wound looks deeper than I thought it was.

I speed my horse faster, knowing that her horse will automatically catch up.
HQ comes into view and I can see Armin and the others outside doing their chores.

"Armin!" I yell with excitement.

He turns and holds his hang about his eyes, blocking the sun to see who must be calling his name. He puts a smile on his face giving me a signal that he knows it's me. Mikasa and I make it over to him and everyone else comes and surrounds us. So curious, questions keep being thrown at us.

What happened?

What did you see?

Was it pretty?

Should we do it with everyone next time?

It was a happy moment. Excitement in the air, smiles on everyone's face. For a second I didn't feel the tension of enemies. I felt happy and relaxed. However something wasn't right.

I turn to look at Mikasa who didn't look happy. She's in pain. My eyes soften and I take her hand. Facing everyone I say with a very nice tone,
"It's been a long trip, we need some rest, so if you'll excuse us."
I pull Mikasa along with me gently. There was no need to unload. Jean was perfectly happy taking care of Mikasa's things and her horse.

Armin and a Historia took care of my responsibilities the moment I got there.

Nobody asked about Mikasa's injury because she had it covered the whole time. That can only mean she didn't want other people knowing. Did she want to keep the happiness and joy?

Did she want to do it for my sake? She must've realized how happy
I was for those few minutes....

We continue to walk and I take her to the infirmary.

"Why are we here?" She asks clearly trying to keep the attention about her injury off of her. I sit her down on the bed and I sit on the rolling chair and grab everything I need to clean her wound, stitch it, and bandage it. While collecting what I need, I say,

"Let me take care of you."

She immediately stays quiet. I Get everything and put them on a table next to me. Mikasa proceeds to look down. The guilt is still there.
She's never okay with getting hurt when it means others have to worry. That's why she never complained about her broken ribs after I was rescued.

I dip cotton and cloth into disinfectant liquid and gently pat and rub the bite.

"You know, you don't need to feel guilty."

She stays quiet and I continue,
"you're a very selfless person when it comes to my needs. Getting hurt once in a while doesn't mean you did anything wrong and it doesn't mean that you're in the way. Let me do this for you."

She looks up at me and just stays focused on my eyes.

After a few seconds she winces at the stinging of the stitching. Anyone would think it's strange for me to be stitching a person. It's true, I'm no doctor, but there were things my father taught me when I was young. That includes stitching little deep cuts. I picked up on it fast. I just never got a chance to use my skull.

"Eren, I'm sorry that I left the supplies...back at the supply house." She says.

I begin to bandage her. I put a smile on my face.
Just as I finish cleaning her up, I cup her face with my hands and say, "Stop apologizing. Thank you for coming with me."

She blushes. Then do I. I remove my hands from her face and stand up chuckling to myself.

Third POV
After Eren leaves the room, Mikasa instantly feels dizzy. She tries to shake it off and holds on for the next few hours. In those hours everything seems right with the world. Chores were done, dinner was made, and Eren spent hours describing the things that he saw to the fellow scout members. They were all so mesmerized. It was a great time to be alive....

Later that night

Mikasa POV
This noise. It keeps echoing.
I hate you.

Go away.

You're worthless.

Why can't you just stop?

Why can't you just leave?

Get out

Get out

Die

You monster

It won't stop. Why can't it just stop. Eren's voice....won't stop saying these hateful things...
Help me.

My eyes slam open and I suddenly feel painfully sick. My body is sweating violently.

quietly, I struggle to stand up and leave the dormitory.

My head is spinning and I feel as if I could throw up at any moment. I walk down the hall trying to make my way to the bathroom leaning against the wall, trying so hard not to fall over.

I can't do it.

I can't make it.

No I need Hange.

She will know what to do.
I make a left and try pulling myself up to walk. I harshly force myself to stand up straight and walk to her office door. I open the door and collapse.
"Mikasa oh my!" She yells.
It's okay. I have you don't worry.

Her voice echoes and my mind goes blank...

chapter 9 done! It's not as long as
I would've liked it, but I wanted to start the next chapter off with Eren's reaction and the process of what happens with Mikasa. I'm not sure where to go with the story. I want
To continue it but I'm not sure what direction I should go in. Let me know if you guys want anything specific. I hope you enjoyed!