Chapter 10- Infected

(Some is the reading may be graphic to some)
Hange POV
Mikasa collapses right in front of me.
I run out the door and wake Levi.

"Oi Levi!" I shout, making the man groan in annoyance.

"What could possibly be so important that you just had to wake me up in the middle of the night, four eyes," he responds.

"Mikasa!" I yell in desperation.

His eyes widen, and he gets up in a second, following me as we walk in our way to back to Mikasa.

Third POV
Just as they are running, Levi stops for a second and quickly and quietly rushes in and shakes Eren awake.

"Huh what!" He yells, but somehow doesn't wake anyone else up.

Levi gives him a sharp look that can be seen in the darkness of the room. Eren hurries out of bed and follows.

The three make it back to Hange's office, Mikasa still in the floor. It wasn't the best choice to leave her there, but Hange has to get the others as soon as possible.

Standing by the door, Eren watches as Levi picks Mikasa up and Hange tosses everything on her desk to the floor. Levi lays her down and looks at Eren.

"Oi! Jeager! We need to know what happened out there! Why is Mikasa like this?" He says snapping Eren out if his own thoughts.

"Wolves attacked, one bit Mikasa while she was trying to protect me...."Eren says in shock.

"It must've had venom." Hange adds.

"Where was she bitten?" Levi asks.

Eren walks over to her left arm rips her sleeve, exposing a dirty looking bandage. Black lines expanding outward of the spot that was wrapped up.

"Quick give me scissors." Eren says, Hange handing them to him.
Eren cuts the bandage and a nasty, infected bite mark, stitches coming undone from oozing liquid.

"We have to cut the stitches. I know what this is, I've read about certain wild animals, such as wolves that have a poisonous bite and can kill you if not treated. I have some remedy for it, so she will be okay, but she could wake up any minute and what we're about to do will hurt." Hange explains.

"I'll need to hold her down. Jeager, you assist Hange with whatever she needs to save Mikasa. Don't be reckless." Levi warns.

Eren nods, Hange continues speaking, "First we need to cut the stitches. Then I have to inject her wound with a disinfectant for poison. It's going to burn and she very much will wake up afraid. That's when Levi will have to make sure she stays steady, as I inject her. She collapsed due to the sick and dizzy feeling that the venom gives her. When you're sleeping, it also increases your nightmares. This will not be a good experience for her. Eren, be her support."

Hange carefully takes the scissors and begins cutting the stitches, freeing the woven skin. After doing so, she fetched the antidote. She opens the bottle and grabs a syringe.

Mikasa begins to wake up.

She moans and moves a little. Her eyes squinting to open. Hange gives Levi and Eren a look to be ready. She injects the needle.

Mikasa's eyes burst open.
"What! What are you doing!" She yells.

Eren speaks, "it's okay Mikasa, you're fine."

He looks her in the eyes that are so filled with fear.

"No no no! Stop! Stop!" She screams, struggling to move against Levi's force.

"Stop it burns! Hange stop! Eren, stop her! What are you doing to me! Are you insane! No stop stop!" She continues screaming.

Hange finishes the injection and slides the needle out of Mikasa's arm.

Suddenly the pain Mikasa felt is gone and she finally calms down.

*sigh*

"That was such a pain." Levi says. Even though he says that, he's really just relieved that it's over and that Mikasa is okay. He takes Mikasa and lays her down on Hange's bed.

"She will most likely fall asleep again. Eren, you should be by her side when she wakes up to explain everything to her. Levi, lets go." She says gesturing, and leaves the room with Levi.

Before Levi is completely out the door, he gives one last look, and resumes leaving.

Eren sits beside the bed Mikasa is laying in. He holds her hand.

"You really scared me tonight. For the first time in a while, I thought I was going to lose you. Don't ever do that again. You're important to me. So important that I can't even explain in words. You've always been by my side and now I'm by yours. Wake up soon. I want to see those beautiful eyes of yours."
He finishes and soon after that, rests his head in the bed, while holding her hand.

Mikasa POV
I need to do this, I need to end the blood shed. Let me do it, Mikasa.
Don't stop me.....

Just like that, my eyes open. And I stare at the ceiling that is bright from the sunlight. I lean up a little, and quickly notice Eren sleeping next to me, still holding my hand.

I feel myself smile at the sight.

"Eren, I love you....so much." I say aloud.
I lightly tap him.

"Mikasa! You're awake!" He says surprised.
I nod. While sitting up straight. He sits up in his chair, letting go of my hand. I quickly look at my arm. It's healed much better. And the pain is gone.

"Does it still hurt?" Eren asks.

I shake my head no.

"Your wound, it was infected by venom. Hange and Levi helped cure you of the poison. You'll be okay." He explains.
I look down, staring at my arm.

"Mikasa." Eren starts, while getting emotional.

"I really thought you were gonna die!" He says, looking up at me in the eyes.

A tear falls.
It makes me happy knowing how much he cares.
I bring my hand to his face and I wipe his tear away with my thumb.

For a moment,

everything stops.

We stare at each other for what feels like forever.

In a split second we lean in, our lips crashing together with passion. His right hand resting on my neck. My right arm, cradling the back of his neck. We release and rest our heads together.

"I love you, Eren."

I've never felt anything so right.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I don't know why it keeps taking me so long to update. I apologize for that. Let me know what you thought. I can do a more intimate scene if you'd like. Well anyways, let me know and stay safe!!