𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐨 𝐥𝐮𝐩𝐮𝐦

f o u r t h    y e a r 

Adeline was pacing.

The floorboards beneath her could have worn thin for all she knew after the hours of the repeated route.

The sun had peaked from the clouds and a new day had begun. Yet Adeline was still in yesterday, still donned in the attire, the hair and make-up, the jewellery and the electric hum under her skin. She could still feel his touch, hear his voice and if she closed her eyes, she was back against the cold stone wall with his body pressed against hers.

She didn't dare close her eyes.

Darkness flickered in the corner of the room, just above the oak chest her mother had sent. It had been doing it all night, barely-there flickers of a taunting ghost. She didn't have the energy to deal with it at the current time but her rising temper wasn't helping its unwanted appearance.

A fire crackled beneath her skin, boiling her blood and letting loose a rapid sense of untamed rage.

The pacing ceased when the morning sun began to drift through the windows. With a huff, Adeline began the process of ridding herself of the gown and all that came with it. Once dressed in more casual attire, she sat by the window watching the sunrise.

Perhaps it would have been peaceful if not for the dagger in her hand. It had never felt more heavy and cold in her grip. Once it had been an extra limb, but it quickly turned foreign as soon as she felt the press of it against her own throat.

Darkness flickered in the corner.

Adeline hated him. Hated his smug smile and vile words, his lean body and silver stare. How dare he? How dare he pull her behind hidden places and utter his hatred while he made her heart race and claimed her with his touch?

Draco had been right about one thing, at least. She was of royal descent, thus he ought to have no right to treat her the way he does, say the things he whispers against her skin. He wasn't allowed to kiss her whenever he pleased and walk away when he felt like it. He had no claim over her, not her body nor her crown.

The sooner he starts realising that, the better. Or else I'll put a curse on his heart and make him suffer.

Adeline blinked, startled by her own thoughts. She hadn't meant that. No matter how angry she was, she'd never kill Draco - hurt him a little, maybe. She was just stressed and tired.

Albeit this, her point still held more value than ever. Done were the days that Draco could push her against walls, kiss life into her dull heart and leave her wanting more.

Despite his words, Adeline still loved him. A part of her life that she was beginning to accept. It had fluttered its wings at a young age but the truth bloomed at their first kiss and his utterance of how she was dead to him. Quite a romantic, that tepid heart of hers.