𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐦 𝐝𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐫

b e f o r e

b e f o r e

Adeline walked into a large dark room, glowing lustre in the air. There was a yellow light hanging from the ceiling, throwing dark shadows over the purple and black patterned walls. An unused fireplace was collecting dust on the furthest wall, a leather couch sitting in the centre on the wooden floors facing it. It was the Black Estate.

She sat in the centre of it, the old couch comfortable underneath her.

She was waiting for someone.

"You made it." A voice sounded from behind her entering from the door she'd just opened. Adeline looked up and saw Dean walking around the couch to sit next to her, so close their hips touched. "I'm so glad. I thought you wouldn't make it."

Dean's hair was shorter, his face scarred but not from any fresh wounds as she had seen recently. She realised he was wearing his Hogwarts uniform.

"Why wouldn't I?" Adeline asked. Her brain thought back to why he'd be so relieved, but she couldn't think of anything.

"I have something for you," Dean told her, the hand furthest from her moved from beside him and he was holding something out to her. It was the crown her mother had sent her for the Yule Ball.

Adeline looked at him, his face close to hers. "But that's yours."

A smile spread across his lips, appealing and enticing. He put the crown in her lap and then took hold of her cheek. He held it there while he looked into her eyes.

"I'm so glad you made it. I didn't think you'd make it."

"Why do you keep saying that?" She asked, touching her hand to his that cups her face.

Dean kissed her, his lips warm and plush against hers. He tasted like coffee and maple syrup. When they parted, his hand hadn't moved.

"You have to do it, Adeline." He said, rubbing his thumb against her skin. "We don't have any other choice."

She shook her head, slightly dazed. "Do what? I don't understand."

His smirk was delicious and dangerous. "You know what you have to do."

She did, she did know.

Dean kissed her again, harder this time. Adeline gripped onto his shoulder, steadying herself. A sudden heat pooled around the room, a bright fire starting in the unused fireplace. She jumped away from him, looking into the flames. She turned but Dean was gone, and the purple wallpaper was replaced with green paint and school memorabilia. Adeline was sitting on the lounge in the Slytherin common room.

Someone came down the stairs and she turned to see Draco, his white school shirt torn and blood peppering his skin, bruises and cuts all over his face and body.

"Draco," She stood, nearing toward him. "What happened?"

Adeline took hold of his side, guiding him to the lounge where she'd just sat. A heavy exhale left his mouth as he leaned against the plush material, chest heaving with life. The fire was warming the room rapidly. When they were both seated, Draco had a smirk on his lips.