𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐱, 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐱

b e f o r e 

b e f o r e 

If Adeline were asked what would be one of the worst possible outcomes of this trip, she would simply reply with what she was currently doing. Pacing the floors of Dean's London apartment trapped inside with her supposed-to-be-dead brother, the guy she spent half her life loving, and the owner of said apartment, sitting on his lounge and bickering with her brother about his lack of food.

"I'm not sure what you expect," Dean argued. "I haven't even stepped foot in this place for well over a year."

"Well, you made me drop my pastry." Alexandre was opening the empty cupboards in his kitchen, yelling over his shoulder. "It's only fair you repay me in some way."

"I didn't make you do anything." Dean leaned his head back against the head of the lounge, rubbing his temples. "You just have clumsy hands."

"I will have you know," Alexandre stopped digging around the kitchen and walked over to the couches. "My hands are incredibly skilled."

Draco, who had been standing by the large window and half-listening to the ridiculous argument, looked back with a face of displeasure and annoyance.

"Could we please get back on track?" Adeline demanded, finally ceasing her pacing.

Alexandre sighed, throwing himself into the armchair across from Dean. "I don't even see how I can. I'm completely famished."

"Tell me again why we can't just strangle him right now." She muttered, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Because you'd die," Draco spoke, finally leaving his spot at the window. He'd been there since they entered, silently brooding in the corner.

"And so would everyone else." Dean reminded, emphasising his point with a swooping hand gesture.

"Except for you," Alexandre commented, looking pointedly at the boy across from him. He leaned in closer. "What's your deal anyway? I understand why I couldn't very well see the other one brooding in the corner over there, but-"

"I'm still a little confused about that," Draco interjected, he stood behind the lounge where Dean sat. Luckily Adeline's brother didn't seem very interested in acknowledging Draco's presence.

"But not you. Unless..." He turned around to look at his sister, raising his eyebrows in question. It was odd for the other two boys to watch the siblings interact like they were having some kind of conversation without even needing words. Adeline gave him a blank look to his unasked questions. "No, okay."

He turned back to Dean. "So, what is it – demon's blood? Dragon's? Are you part spider or something?"

"You think I'm Spiderman?" Dean asked incredulously, his head still leaning against the top of the lounge.

"Who is that?" Alexandre questioned. "I've been dead for fifteen years; I don't know every wizard."

"Why didn't Draco bleed when I cut you then? If we're all connected as you say, how come I had the injury but not him?" Adeline interjected.