𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐱

b e f o r e 

b e f o r e 

They can't stay in town, so they head further out until they hit a fairly deserted road with nothing but a shitty diner in the middle of it. They hadn't spoken since they left the alley riddled with corpses, but they all seemed to know that they had to leave.

There isn't anyone in the establishment when they enter, a bell ringing above the door. They take a seat in a booth in the corner. There's a waitress behind the long counter, chewing gum loudly as she reads through a celebrity magazine. Adeline can't see a newspaper anywhere which she takes as somewhat reassuring.

Draco sat beside her, his bloody wounds morphed into pink marks on his face. They'd healed him quickly before they left, Dean using his magic even when Draco had argued. Dean wouldn't give an explanation but from the look he gave the both of them it seemed he knew more than they did.

Dean looks over the menu, eyes scanning with interest as the two across from him stare expectantly. When he doesn't even notice, Adeline snatches the plastic menu out of his hands and puts it back down on the table.

Dean looks at them, a permanent smirk on his lips.

"I suppose you'd like to know what's going on." He said, arms folded on the table.

"I thought you were dead," Adeline stated, she was leaning against the booth with her arms crossed. It was pretty clear to everyone that she was annoyed.

"And I thought your brother was dead." He countered. "Or at least still in that pretty little head of yours."

"You know about Alexandre?" Adeline asked, leaning in closer now. "How? That was..."

Dean cleared his throat, looking down at his hands for a moment. "Yes. I was sorry to hear about Arthur, I know he was-"

Adeline waved him off, rolling her eyes slightly. "Yeah, whatever. What do you know about Alexandre?"

Dean's eyebrows pinched together, his eyes scanning over her face before quickly looking at Draco. He seemed rather confused and looked blankly back at him.

"I know that he's back." He said slowly, still processing the obvious change in Adeline. This seemed to be more than just a girl who'd lost everything. "That's pretty much it. I've been more focused on finding you."

Adeline scowled, moving back to lean against the booth.

"Does someone mind telling me," Draco started. "what the fuck is going on?"

Dean looked between the two of them, his own questions forming akin to that.

"Surprised you're here with Goldilocks," Dean said to Adeline, but then shrugged a little. "Although, then again, you've always had a soft spot for him."

"Why are you here, Rowans?" Adeline snapped.

Dean winced a little at the name. "I'm afraid that student is no longer enrolled at the fine Ilvermorny prestige."