Chapter Seven - ✿ Sending in the Decoy ✿

If this chapter gets confusing and Crystal seems to be in two places at once, you should know by the end of the chapter. And yes, I did mean to make it slightly confusing :)

     A week passed as I perfected my idea. Kevin came over once more to check on my progress, though he still didn't know what my ace was, and I told him it would work, and for him to come back in another week or so to start. The plan was for me to move to another cave with Lucario and Luxray out on watch, and for me to be in the cave I was in right now. Kevin didn't know this part. This will be interesting.

     Within the next week, Kevin had come in, made a show of getting me out of the tunnels, and giving me a bracelet that made my Pokémon abilities inactive, though it was switched off. He took note of my pale complexion and I brushed it off with a "I've been in the caves, out of any light," even though that wasn't the reason. My PokéBag and clothes were paler, too, but I shrugged it off. He couldn't know it was part of my ace.

     "They are right outside. Is your ace ready?" Kevin whispered to me while we were still in the darkness of the caves.

     "It's already activated," I replied in just as quiet a voice. Then we walked out, I made the pretense of being surprised to see Rockets surrounding Mt. Moon's entrance and Kevin blocking the cave mouth, which would be my only escape route. I faked trying to transform and failling, and then I saw Brandon again. He laughed triumphantly.

     "Fool! You can't trust anyone, especially if we promise them your ability!" he called, turning his gaze to Kevin. Until now his jacket covered his uniform, and when I turned to look at him I was grabbed by grunts and was blindfolded. Everything's going to plan, I though triumphantly, fighting the urge to smirk. They then got me into one of the vehicles that was surrounding Mt. Moon.

ΞΞΞ

     That morning I had called out Lucario and Luxray as planned.

     "Stay at the entrance, though still in the shadows. Let me know if you hear or sense anyone."

     They stayed, and were the in shadows on opposite sides of the cave mouth. I walked into the back and sat down to concentrate. I wore my PokéBag like I would when going out, even though I wasn't going to leave the cave. I closed my eyes and started concentrating, by now it was as easy as breathing. Immediately I felt different.

ΞΞΞ

     We took a long time to get to Celadon, though I knew we had to go through Curelean and Saffron to get to Celadon City, it still seemed too long. Then I felt the jerk of the vehicles coming to a stop, and suddenly I was pulled out of the vehicle. I was still blindfolded, but my hands weren't bound. Music then could be heard. The Rocket Game Corner. Perfect. The slot machine noise was always continuous, though right now there was none. It sounded empty. They cleared it just to get me here? We went down the stairs, and entered Team Rocket's maze of an HQ. We went down three flights, then they took me to what sounded like the center of the room. Uh oh. I remembered doing this during my first year as a trainer. I always came back and played here because I thought it was fun. The place was always empty, though. They came back here. They actually use this place again.

     Then all of a sudden, in the empty space around me, someone flicked a switch. In that empty area, I felt and heard something rising from the ground. This all happened in less than a minute, and I took my blindfold off. Dizzy maze. There were black tiles that no one could step around, and they were longer than I could jump. They changed it, so even if I had remembered the one I played in much, I would still be in the same problem.