Chapter Nine - ✿ What Just Happened? ✿

Charizard was on guard, along with Luxray, though she was in the back. I could sense her gaze, and it was not on me. Charizard obviously was supposed to be the only one on guard and Luxray didn't like that. Silently, I motioned for her to stay silent, and quietly crawled over to her. "Go to sleep, Luxray. It will be your turn tomorrow." I knew this because I knew how sentries were set up: experience points. As bad as it may have been, it was less chaotic that way.

     She shook her head and then nuzzled me. "So you are here, and this time I see you."

     "What?"

     "Lucario sensed you not long ago. Maybe yesterday. But then you were gone, and he sensed your presence leaving." That put me into silence. Luxray sensed my nervousness. "What?"

     "The simulation." I yawned. "I'll explain tomorrow with everyone."

✦ ✦ ❦ ✦ ✦

     I woke in the darkness of Mt. Moon's caves. Luxray was whispering to someone, probably one of the others, as I got to my feet. I looked at my hand, and for a moment a jolt of fear rushed through me. I was bleeding, actually bleeding from the simulation, and some of it seemed newly-dried. Quickly, I headed for the cave mouth.

     "Crystal, what are you doing?" Lucario stepped out in front of me, blocking my way.

     "I need to go for a walk. I know what I'm doing Lucario." I crossed my arms in a casual way that also hid the blood.
He was silent for a long moment. Then he nodded. As if you're the trainer and I'm the Pokémon! "Alright."

     I passed him, and found one of the pools of water in the caves. I washed off the blood, and the water's coolness seeped into my bones. I felt fresh. Cupping my hands together, I brought up some water to my face. For the first time in weeks, I felt safe.

     Crystal.

     I jumped up, looking around. I felt something touch my left arm, my right hand already moving to swat the bug, but nothing was there. I still felt it. I took a breath to call out, but then stopped and let it out. The voice sounded familiar.

     Hey, Crystal.

     The voice wasn't coming from any direction. It just was.

     Who are you? Where are you?

     It's Kevin. I don't have much time. Listen, you weren't free. Also, not sure if you know, but that wasn't me.

     I know, I could sense you. Your aura. What's happened? How can you communicate with me?

     I was getting to that. You aren't really at, he hesitated, Mt. Silver. You're in the room the simulation of your escape showed you, and you're hooked up to the machine. I stole one of the bluetooth devices from the mechanic room and hooked it up to your machine. You're still trapped, Crystal.

     My mind raced, and it must've gone through the machine, because Kevin had to mentally shout to get my focus again.

     I've sent Charizard to check on your Pokémon. Also, I was able to...get my hands on the recording of your escape simulation. Any thought of Mt. Silver was changed to Mt. Moon. This is encrypted. They will not see this.

     The way Kevin said that told me everything. They will see this, and they will think I'm in the Johto region. Okay, Kevin. Thank you. And with that, our brief connection was gone and I was alone by the pool. I looked at the reflection, and it seemed to be tinted red. The crimson water gathered in a pattern, a shape. R. I grabbed a rock and threw it with as much strength I could muster and the letter vanished, the ripples taking away the red. That probably means Kevin's Charizard is headed to Bill's or something. Or nowhere at all. But they know he's a traitor now, and it's my fault. I couldn't trust my Pokèmon now, none at all. That also meant that I can explore without repercusions, but that would seem suspicious, maybe. I knew I couldn't do what I normally did, since that would give away my location, but I had to get out of here. My Pokémon were in Mt. Moon; once the Rockets found out Kevin lied, they'll send another team here--there--to pick them up, and me, if half of me was still there. Maybe I could vanish and the others will flee?