Chapter Twelve - ∞ When You Corner A Rattata... ∞ [Book One Final]

I saw the laser come towards me, and I could do nothing about it. I felt myself being turned to cement. Fool! J would never be fair—how could I be so blind? This time, however, I stayed a Charizard, and barely consious. Garbled voices were all around me, and I felt myself being moved. I had no doubt Giovanni planned this with J, since I hadn't seen her since the Electrike incident. I made a great mistake, but was it sensible? Charizard and Lucario... What would they gain from my revenge seeking? I have failed, they have won, I am trapped... Then an idea snuck it's way into my head.

✦ ✦ ❦ ✦ ✦

    Kevin threw the String Shot off of him, and ran to Crystal. Drapion darted into his way. "Charizard!" he called. When Kevin looked at his Pokémon, there was a white light. Then he saw a friend. "Good job, buddy!" Charizard had palmed Venusaur's Pokéball.

    "Venusaur!!" He saw Crystal, Lucario, and Charizard in cement, and decided to do something about it. His Frenzy Plant came out of the ground around his party members. "Ven! Venusaur!" Charizard flapped his wings powerfully and flew over to Kevin, who quite literally threw himself onto his Pokémon's back. "Venusaur!!" Something glowed a pale yellow above Venusaur's poisonous flower, and he let loose a Solar Beam. It was headed for J and her Pokémon.

"Charizard, Heat W--!" Kevin was cut off by something exploding. No, not just something, someone. Kevin immediately looked to his sister. "Crystal!" While the dust cleared, Kevin thought Venusaur accidentally hit his trainer instead of their enemies, but no. When the dust cleared, there stood Crystal: fury burning in the air around her. Except, there were two problems.

First off, Crystal seemed to have used Self-Desrtuct, the move made notorious from Voltorb and Electrode, who often are ordered to sacrifice themselves to win a battle. The very move that makes the user faint. She must be weak, now, breaking free.

     The second, however, was more troublesome. J seemed to have brought those containers she catches Pokémon in, and the now-furious Crystal was inside it, pounding the glass with her waning strength. It was moving toward one of J's six-wheeled tanks. Then, there was a blinding light that came from the pedestal, the snapping of bones, and the screams of Kevin's sister.

✦ ✦ ❦ ✦ ✦

    I exploded. The cement disintegrated, and it was in the tiny space I occupied. I looked around, and then started pounding on the glass. My strength was waning, and waning far too quick. I guess that's what happens when you don't faint after using Self-Destruct as I did.

     The Pokémon pedestal was moving, and when I turned my head, claws on the glass, I saw the smallest part of one of J's tanks. My heart started beating faster, and I started sweating. I saw a beam of light shoot past me, and then I saw Venusaur. Thank Arceus he's alright. Then the full impact of my situation dawned on me, and roared, loud and savage. I had one, last, desperate ace up my sleeve. This would weaken me further, but this was my only chance. I thought of my Kanto team, and one Pokémon in particular: Kadabra.

    The pain was terrible. I screamed loudly, and this time it was no facade. My bones snapped and everyone stopped what they were doing.

     Now, as a Psychic type, it was easier to teleport. I got out of the pedestal, but then I immediately fell to the ground. Rockets surrounded me, edging closer every second. I saw Kevin and his Charizard fighting J, and with a stray shot, her laser hit Charizard and Lucario.

     "Charizard!" I called out, very weakly. My strength was gone, I was in too much pain to shift again, even though I lost the will to stay a Kadabra. Then I saw my Pokémon streaming towards Kevin, Luxray the one coming for me. "Luxray..." I collapsed, and she used Thunderbolt on the Rockets around me. She charged through them and got me on her back really quick, and ran to join the rest of my party.