Chapter Four - ✿ ...And Illusions Falter ✿

This chapter was made about five or six months after the previous three. So if they sound different, that's why.

     We were still flying. "Charizard, land here."

     It was dawn the next day. When we were far enough away, I got back on Charizard's back and had returned Serperior to his Pokéball. We crossed the waters between Snowpoint City and the Areas. I was thinking of going to Hoenn, but only Kevin had gone there, and even then for a short time. So I decided on going back to Kanto and then heading out to Johto. Perhaps I could hide somewhere there, though anywhere away from modern technology. Maybe a cave? I knew of a good, isolated cave in Johto anyway. One thing I've learned about the bump on my wrist that I got from my time on Hunter J's ship was that they can track me using it now. That's why all technology made me uncomfortable and how Giovanni got into my head while dreaming in his little simulation. I've thought about getting rid of my Pokétch even, and getting my regular watch. I don't use the other apps anyway. It meant I had to stop in Pallet Town, so I could say hi to everyone again. It also meant I had a chance to tell the people of my home town my own prediction of the next little while. Oh yeah, right. Only Kevin and Bill know of my ability, excluding Hunter J and Team Rocket. Pallet Town was just beyond the sea, westward of where we were.

     Charizard's sudden landing jarred me back to reality.

     "Oof!"

     Here we were, now in Snowpoint City. Charizard blew fire in a small circle around himself to keep warm. I called him back into his Pokéball, "Thanks, buddy."

     I shivered pulling out my compact down coat from my PokéBag (they do exist, I own one...or three) along with my gloves and a Mareep wool hat from the coat's pockets. I headed for the PokéMart and Pokémon Center, respectively, to get some max- and full restores, full heals, and some revival herbs. I did have more than a few Poké from so many battles over the years. Then to heal my Pokémon and rest for the night at the Pokémon Center, though I dreaded what would come from my dreams.

     "And where else can we stay?" I replied to myself sarcastically. "Nowhere."

     I entered the PokéMart, putting on a carefree happy-go-lucky smile in case the clerks were watching me. I grabbed a small basket to carry my supplies in. Looking around on the sheves, I saw all I came for. The revival herbs, the max- and full-restores, full heals. I grabbed plenty of each; thirty-six revival herbs, full heals, and max- and full restores. Six of each item for each of my Pokémon. Looking around one last time, I headed towards the front.

     "Hi!" said the clerk that I walked up to. "Hi," came my greeting. I wasn't in the mood to talk to the clerks in a friendly manner, there was too much to do and think about. I was still polite, but I wasn't out for friends at the moment. He made small talk, which I responded to absently, while he checked out my items. I payed him the amount of Poké that was needed and left, heading to the Pokémon Center. Sighing, I looked at the time. It was dawn when we arrived at Snowpoint, now it was 8:00am. I thought about sleeping through the day and traveling westward to Kanto, though I realized that either I or Charizard would have to fly us. Charizard's tail would be a beacon of sorts, and I didn't have the strength to fly that far. We all could always take the S.S. Spiral back to Vermillion City, where the S.S. Anne was docked, but that's way too noticeable. If I wanted to leave the region in the most inconspicuous way, it had to be by air during late dawn or early dusk. Preferably dawn so we could hide in the sun's light as it is rising in the west. I sighed one last time before entering the Pokémon Center.

     Unclipping my Pokémon from my PokéBag, I offer all my Pokémon to her to heal except Persian, calling him out of his ball. "Will you heal my Pokémon?" I asked Nurse Joy.