Chapter Two - ✿ Illusions Are Made... ✿

Knowing Serperior could defend himself and is gifted in the art of camouflage and stealth, we split up. Myself and Serperior in trees, I wait. And wait. And wait. Then I heard footsteps. The craft above didn't move, and a rope ladder still hung from it. She, or someone she sent, was looking for Serperior and I, as my guess. This action was most likely at the request of Giovanni, who would undoubtably put a very generous price on my head to get me and my Pokémon, as Bill and Kevin had expected. I didn't ever believe it would get this bad, this soon. Pokémon Hunter J would also probably like to get her hands on my powerful Pokémon, possibly selling us all to Team Rocket for a handsome price. It was a win-win for her if we didn't get away from here.

    I do not need to tell them of my weakness or inexperience. Looking over to Serperior, I nodded and we jumped out of our trees and ran—

    Straight into Team Rocket members and Pokémon Hunter J. "Other way!" I yelled in desperation, right as we were turned to Pokémon statues by Hunter J's wrist laser. As it kept me from moving and disabling Pokémon attacks and abilities, I turned back to human from Leafeon, now unwillingly revealing myself and my ability to them all.

✦ ✦ ❦ ✦ ✦

    Everything was dark, but I was not unconsious. Suddenly, eventually, I felt the cement casing on my right arm come off. Then something touched my arm, something metal and thin. Immediately I tried to keep my hand moving, away from the metal. I felt someone grab my hand roughly, and then the slight pain as the metal pierced my skin. What were they doing to me? What were they putting in me? They removed the needle and I felt the cement cover my right hand once more. After a while of paralyzed darkness, my body felt as if it was released from the cement and falling. As my body was limp from what felt like days, weeks even of the silent darkness, my eyes were busy taking in my surroundings. What I saw was not what I expected. At first, confusion dominated my brain. I was not on a pedestal with glass over my head, my body still a statue. No. I didn't know this place, it was a simple room that was my cage. This cell is on J's airship undoubtedly, the second worst place for me or my Pokémon to be. There was no doubt in my mind that I would have stayed there long, either; they were probably detaining my Pokémon as I sat there. My PokéBag was gone, and I feared for my friends.

    The ship rocked violently, like going through turbulence. Then I heard a collective cry of my Pokémon as they fought for freedom. It was futile, the seven of us knew, but any chance had to be taken. After their cries became silence, I knew what had happened. I wished it not to be true. As I looked around desperately wanting to help my Pokémon, I noticed the walls to the left and right were seethrough, probably some kind of plexiglass, showing other chambers, more than I could count. One is next to me, the others stretched far down the other side of me. Behind me was a mirror, where I got a better look at myself. I haven't seen my wrists yet, and I see a small bump on my right wrist. When I looked at it, it looked like a bug bite. Something unnatural they put in me, and the primary source of my unease in the tunnels. What chemical could possibly radiate wrongness like this?

    "What in the name of Arceus?" As I saw myself in the mirror, I noticed finally the unconnected techno cuffs around my wrist and ankles. That's advanced. Just as a test, and with no real plan in mind, I tried to transform into a Muk. Sparks came from the cuffs, causing me to scream in pain. After going through the pain of transforming the first time, having felt my bones break and reconstruct, that pain wasn't too bad. Still, to create an illusion, I screamed at the top of my lungs. After my energy to stay in the form of Muk faded, and being forced to leave that form, the pain went away and my screams stopped. My vision was fuzzy as I noticed an orange-and-blueish-teal blob on the right side of my vision. Charizard. My heart sank as I realized how bad we all had it, and it was my fault. Charizard was on my right, and on my left was Venusuar, then Serperior, Persian, Lucario, and Seadra. I mentally promised them I would find a way to free them, and Lucario's voice made its way to me through the glass, though muffled.